• Subscribe
  • How does everyone feel about face recognition technology in general and how is it progressing?

Mujadad Naeem
    4 replies
    It's a tough question considering the ethical implications but I really think its more about people taking it in a negative context (privacy invasion) rather than understanding how it can help prevent identity theft.

Replies

Shivangi Awasthi
    Hey @mujadad_naeem welcome to PH 🚀 As a product person, I recognize that opinions on face recognition technology vary widely. While some see it as a convenient and secure tool for authentication and personalization, others have concerns about privacy and potential misuse. The technology is progressing rapidly, with improved accuracy and applications, but it also faces increasing scrutiny and regulatory challenges, necessitating responsible development and use.
    Mujadad Naeem
    @shivangiawasthi I think an important aspect is to introduce the idea of regulations and make it simple for people to understand that their data is being used to keep them in safe, not vice versa. But I totally get it that from a consumer point view, it is incredibly difficult to understand why anyone would want to keep a record of my facemap.
    Simon Peter Damian
    Well there are facial recognition technology in almost all software these days. You know what the sad part is? Most are non-intrusive so most users don't care because it's not obvious. Face detection and recognition AI models mostly the CNN ones will become even more prevalent