• Subscribe
  • How frequently do errors occur on your website/app?

Ágh Helmut
    6 replies
    How do you prevent errors on your website? Do you use tools or services that help you identify errors?

Replies

Rakshith Ravi
    We use Rust to build our backend and while we have quite a few logical errors, we've had absolutely zero crashes so far where the backend stopped working and required a restart. It's been pretty painless to not worry about the server and only worry about the code honestly
    Ágh Helmut
    @_rakshithravi_ That's great! Building a software on the right technologies is a great way to prevent errors!
    Richard Gao
    Depends on the error. My co-founders are usually pretty good at catching them though.
    Ágh Helmut
    @richard_gao2 Yes, there is huge difference between errors! How do you get feedback if an error occurs? Your users report the error or your team tests the site regularly?
    Ilko Kacharov [Team-GPT]
    We normally use a service such as Sentry.io to catch runtime errors. We track the rate of "crash-free sessions" to know how often our customers are experiencing errors. We also offer an error reporting dialog to the customers on demand or when an error occurs.
    Ágh Helmut
    @ilko_kacharov I was curious how many websites or SaaS applications use tools like Sentry.io. I'm happy to hear that, it's a great way to improve user experience!