• Subscribe
  • How I Made $10k MRR in 3 Months for My Last AI SaaS (Solo)

Liu Alex
    13 replies
    Hey founders and marketers, It’s Alex here. I just quit my job and started my own product, AutoAE, last month. I made more than $10k MRR for my last product in just 3 months. For your reference, it’s an alternative to InVideo, Fliki, CapCut, etc. Here’s what made the difference: 1. **Academy:** Took 60% of conversions 2. **Newsletter + Email Campaign:** Increased conversion rate by 30% 3. **KOL Collaboration:** ROI > 5 I made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot from the experience. I’ll show you everything that can boost your conversion in this article. At the beginning, like all other marketers, we posted on Product Hunt, which is the best place for getting free traffic. The most important aspect of a Product Hunt launch is “FIND YOUR AUDIENCE.” There are two things you must know👇 - If you don’t focus on a very small niche, you’ll never know who your audience is. - Your users need to know how to integrate your product into their workflow. Of course, this is just the beginning of your journey. Once you launch, you need to list your product on all the AI tools platforms (the free ones) to increase your website's trust. Two tips here: - Use Semrush to find your competitor’s backlinks and launch your product there first. - This won’t yield many conversions, but it will build trust on the internet. Once you finish these parts, listen, there are two things super critical for conversion growth: 1. Academy 2. KOL Collaboration Never undervalue your academy. Not a blog, not a blog, not a blog. Keywords are not that important here; the key is to tell your audience how to use your product to solve their problems. You have to integrate your product into their workflow. When you find a super good occasion, you can reach 50% of your success. Once you find more than 20% of your audience using your product to complete their work in a familiar scenario, pay attention—it’s your critical factor. Don’t provide a general solution page; it won’t work unless you focus on SEO and persist for more than 2 months. Once you find your best niche and solution, start your KOL collaboration on YouTube. Other social media platforms can also be a great choice, depending on your audience. Two tips for KOL collaboration: 1. Don’t let your KOLs do what they like. You need to have them tell your story, your solution, your use case. Don’t let creators tell the story entirely by themselves because they won’t be as clear about the product as you are. 2. Don’t insist on creating a whole video. The key is to integrate your product into the workflow, not to sell your product through the video. Spending $2k to create a whole video solely about your product will be a waste of money. So, make sure to follow the steps: find your niche and best solution first, then start widespread through KOL. The final step is the newsletter + email campaign. It’s hard to quantify how much conversion it brings because this step aims to build trust. If you use Hootsuite, you will understand the power of their newsletter and free perks. It’s not about who will pay for your product; it’s about people knowing you when they want to start in this niche. All the above is my real experience. I made 3 AI tools, and my last tool succeeded in marketing. Now, I’ve quit my job and started a new journey. As a YouTuber, my newest product is AutoAE, which helps creators make viral hooks easier than ever. It’s also my handy tool for creation. It launches today on Product Hunt. If you think all the above information can help your growth, please support me! By the way, it’s also a super useful tool for founders and creators to generate viral posts. Hope you’ll like it. Support AutoAE 🙏👉 https://www.producthunt.com/posts/autoae🙏

Replies

Leo Henry
    That’s awesome! Your tips are really helpful.
    Thanks for sharing Alex!! And HUGE shoutout for AutoAE!!!
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    Solid numbers, congrats!
    Advin Jadis
    Hey Alex! Great job! Can you tell me more about setting up your academy and picking KOLs?
    Ali Haider
    Your success is cool! I like how you used niche and KOLs.
    Nola S.
    I’m curious about the steps you took. What was your main strategy for reaching $10k MRR?
    Joseph Parker
    They say focusing on one core feature helps a lot. What was the key to your success in those three months?
    Edward Moore
    I’m interested in learning more about your approach. How did you balance development and marketing to achieve such impressive growth? 📈
    Gurkaran Singh
    Wow, hitting $10k MRR in just 3 months solo is like scoring a hat-trick in startup land! Your Academy and KOL strategies sound like the AI tools MVPs of your success story—impressive playbook! 🚀
    Heruzy Anatios
    Thank You for your insight Alex!