• Subscribe
  • How Long Does It Take to Build a Successful Startup?❓

ISTIAK AHMAD
    18 replies
    🫵Be honest: Are you struggling on your entrepreneurial journey? Have countless questions but don’t know where to begin? Trust me, I’ve been there too. Seven years ago, my co-founder @priyankamandal and I started our entrepreneurship journey with nothing. We tried many things, learned through trial and error, and evolved. Fast forward to today, we’ve launched a successful startup LANCEPILOT, became a top product on Product Hunt, and gained over 200 paid customers in a month. 🙈We started with zero resources, yet we managed to overcome every obstacle. How? Through determination and consistency. In the beginning, we didn’t know exactly what to do, but over time, things became clearer. 👉A wise man once said, “A perfect idea is never born; rather, an idea gets perfect with time.” I remember watching an interview with a successful founder early in my journey. When asked how long it took him to achieve his first success, he said it took him eight years. After that, he built eight more successful startups in a single year. This blew my mind. Why should it take so long to build one successful business? Then reality hit, and I experienced the same. It took me seven years to build my first successful startup, and now I understand. Time is needed to achieve that first success, and you must be consistent. 🤔Do you feel the same way? Share your perspective and struggles in the comments. Let me and the Product Hunt community motivate you. To keep myself motivated, I always follow this quote from Elon Musk: 👉“No, I don’t ever give up. I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.” Let's hear your thoughts and keep pushing forward together. 🙏

Replies

Raihan Shezan
    Inspiring story, @istiakahmad Your journey with LANCEPILOT shows that resilience and consistency are key to entrepreneurial success. Thanks for sharing your experience—it's a great reminder that every step, no matter how small, leads to progress. How did you and your co-founder stay motivated during the tough times? Would love to hear more about your strategies!
    PRIYANKA MANDAL
    Thank you for sharing our journey so openly Istiak. It’s been an incredible ride from starting with nothing to launching LANCEPILOT and becoming a top product on Product Hunt. Starting from scratch and overcoming countless challenges has truly shown the power of determination and consistency. The idea that a perfect idea evolves over time is something I hold close. It’s been amazing to see how our efforts have paid off and how clarity comes with time and persistence. I also remember being inspired by successful founders and realizing that the road to the first success is often the longest. But once you get there, the subsequent successes follow more quickly. Let’s continue to support and motivate each other in this wonderful community. Thank you for being part of our journey. Let’s keep pushing forward together. 🚀
    Deandre Akkuratov
    I believe it can take several years to build a successful startup because it involves developing the product, finding customers, and scaling the business, all of which require time and effort.
    Robert White
    I believe a successful startup can take anywhere from a few years to over a decade. The timeline varies based on factors like the market, product, team, and strategy. Patience, persistence, and continuous learning are key to navigating the challenges and achieving long-term success.
    Richard Reis
    AI Document Translator
    AI Document Translator
    In my experience, 3-5 years.
    Vivek
    Building a successful startup can vary widely in terms of time, but for IndieHackers, it often comes down to finding the right formula. Once that happens, it can take just a few weeks to build and launch a startup. Many IndieHackers iterate quickly, launching multiple products, and while some may fail, a few succeed and generate enough revenue to cover the losses of the unsuccessful ones. Personally, I built https://hire.win and https://recrooai.com as an IndieHacker and I'm continuously refining my approach to achieve success faster. The key is rapid iteration and learning from each attempt.
    Nola S.
    Building a successful startup often takes about 2-3 years. It’s all about persistence and refining your business.
    Joseph Parker
    There’s no set timeline. Some startups do well quickly, while others take a few years to hit their stride.
    Edward Moore
    It really varies, but you might see some traction in 6-12 months if you're lucky and work hard.
    Gemma Mortlock
    Thanks your sharing your journey Istiak
    Darya Tochsheva
    I believe it should take 2 years (1 for active development stage and 1 for users attraction).
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    Definitely at least a few years