• Subscribe
  • How many times did you "pivot" your product ?

Toni
    25 replies
    I'll go first. I have changed positioning and approach for buska at least 3 times. Not counting how many messaging changes I made on the website 😅 What about you ?

Replies

Ashrey Ignise R
    I don't think we've pivoted yet at Artus, but we've made significant evolutions of the product several times to the point where it can be considered a different product altogether. Some might call them pivots but to us they just felt like the next logical step.
    Toni
    @aignise thanks for sharing. Indeed, call it whatever, as long as you don’t shy away for making changes 🚀
    Evan Christopher
    1 time! Previously we at Pusaqa planned to launch locally as our very first plan, after we go further in time (with many things in-between & discussions & re-evaluation as well), we planned to pivot our product to a global direction :) Can check at https://pusa.qa :D
    Jackson Oscar
    We have done three pivots so far. Each one helped us refine our focus and improve our overall offering.
    YanXu
    It's been done twice now, the first time changing the way the product is used and the second time changing the overall design of the product
    Ashutosh Prakash Singh
    Hey Toni, we have pivoted from a b2c fintech platform to a b2b saas platform for AI Agents. It was a complete 360 degree turn for us but me and my team are so glad for the flexibility we had!
    Meghan Henry
    We have done two major pivots. They really help us adjust to market demands and improve our product significanctly
    Luka Brzin
    Soo far, we haven't pivoted. Might be something we have to do soon.
    Azam Sultan
    I've lost count of how many times we've pivoted. It feels like every time we hit a roadblock, we switch gears. It's all part of the process, right?
    Toni
    @azam_sultan yes i believe so. Even after a long run of success, you might have to
    Peter Victor
    I’ve had to pivot once. It was a huge learning curve, but ultimately it led to much a stronger product.
    Thomas bond
    We’ve made several changes over time. It’s crazy how things evolve.
    Charlos Brat
    Definitely had my share of pivots. Each one feels like a big shift but often leads to breakthroughs. How do you keep your team motivated during these changes?
    David Nelson
    Our team has pivoted the product four times. The first two were about finding the right market fit, and the other two involved tweaking our features to be better solve our customers' problems.
    Addau Rabiu
    Pivoted twice both were challenging but crucial. The first was market driven, the second was due to tech limitations.
    Lois Roberson
    Pivoted twice with my last product. First was a complete shift in the target audience, and the second was refining the core feature set.
    Dinda Nancy
    We have pivoted our product 3 times.
    Tina Kim
    Went through four pivots before finding the right fit. Each one taught me something new about what users actually wanted.
    Tumblar Kevin
    I’ve pivoted three times so far. The first was tough, but it got easier once I embraced that it’s part of the process.
    Freya
    Interesting conversation! while pivoting can be crucial I wonder if theres a way to balance it with user research upfront. Maybe testing different directions with low fidelity prototypes before diving into development could save time and resources in the long run.
    Toni
    @freya_isla Interesting point. Obviously, it's important to "derisk" before you build and launch (that's actually what i do as fractional for B2B startups) Research, Prototyping, Pre Sales etc will help you derisk. But in our current market, you cannot afford 100% certainty, but rather launch with 70% insights fast, and adapt That's why being able to pivot is a crucial skill now. You can derisk and build something that sells. But then at some point realize your product could actually solve a bigger or more painful problem for another audience (and so, sell it at higher price be more profitable) => look at Shopify's story for example. So, i 100% agree that you should derisk from Day 1. But IMO, history shows that you rarely reach PMF on the first attempt
    Gianuario Lupia
    I am working on a edutainment app, it is in its initial stage, don't want to pivot too much but lets see what happens.
    Allan
    Aiswers.com
    Aiswers.com
    Do you start a new product or make improvement based on current product when pivoting?
    Toni
    @allan_ryl can be anything really. Often it's making changes to your product because you realized you are not solving the right problem, or addressing the right target. Or go sideways and turn the initial product around to answer new needs.