• Subscribe
  • How much time do you spend on cover letters?

Ghulam Abbas
    21 replies
    Writing cover letters feels like a marathon, right? I remember the hours I used to spend on them. But they can also make or break your application. Fortunately, with Coverletters, you get a fully customized cover letter in under a minute. Would you use an AI tool to save time and stress when applying for jobs? We'd like to hear more about: ๐Ÿ‘‰ How long does it take you to write a cover letter? ๐Ÿ‘‰ Are cover letters a must in your job search? ๐Ÿ‘‰ What would make the process easier for you?

Replies

Joseph Walker
    For the last couple roles I applied to, I spent maybe 15-20 mins tops customizing my cover letter. IMO it's not worth spending hours perfecting it. The goal is to show genuine interest in that specific company/role and highlight a couple key things that make you a great fit. But the resume is the real star. As long as your cover letter comes across as thoughtful and not too generic, you're good!
    Nicola Lanzilotto
    Coverletters is an impressive solution for job seekers looking to stand out. Supported!
    Shemtov Yogi
    In this AI era , I don't write cover letter by myself, but i did create one based on my requirements'.
    Haris Morris
    Usually, a well written cover letter takes thirty to an hour to complete; mine was completed well in an hour.
    Tywin Del
    Understanding the organization and function, I can now edit my basic cover letter in under 20 minutes.
    Sultan Ansari
    Cover letters are crucial, in my opinion. I get to show off my personality and suitability for the position. However, they may truly be a time waster. I would be all for an AI tool that could make the procedure more efficient.
    Misti Hassig
    I definitely think cover letters are a must-have in my job applications. They give me a chance to explain why Iโ€™m a great fit. But the process could be so much easier if I could use AI to handle the heavy lifting.
    Djbutterrock Goulet
    With each cover letter, I strive to spend two to three hours crafting the ideal one. It takes so much time. I'd be interested in learning how an AI tool could expedite and simplify this process.
    Zulma Cink
    It varies for me. Sometimes, if Iโ€™m applying to multiple jobs with similar roles, I can get away with spending just 30 minutes. But if itโ€™s a company Iโ€™m really excited about, I might spend a couple of hours perfecting it.
    Martin Gulp
    It usually takes me around 2-3 hours to draft a cover letter that feels just right. I try to tailor each one specifically to the job I'm applying for, which is time consuming but necessary.
    Lia thomas
    I spend about 1-2 hours on each cover letter. I find them essential for standing out, but they can be pretty stressful, especially when juggling multiple applications.
    Andiir
    @abbas143official Depending on the individual, in writing a letter there are several important things that can make it easier for the reader to understand what we mean for the purpose of the letter, so it doesn't have to be complete for the purpose of the letter to be simple and precise, the point is like that! That's for me personally. I don't know what it is. others are the same or not ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™
    Debra Hetrick
    I've never enjoyed writing cover letters if AI can save me the hassle, Iโ€™m all in!
    Cary Montrose
    I usually spend way too long perfecting every word in my cover letters. If an AI tool can streamline that process, Iโ€™d definitely give it a try.
    Aleksander Brousseau
    Cover letters always feel like a chore to me, especially when I'm applying for multiple jobs. I often wonder if they even get read. If thereโ€™s a tool that can reduce the time and stress involved, I'd be curious to see how well it works but Iโ€™d also worry about losing that personal touch
    Ashley Garcia
    I usually spend a few hours customizing my cover letter for each position to highlight my most relevant experience. The time is worth it to show genuine interest and stand out to the hiring manager. Quality over quantity! Anyone else have cover letter tips to share?
    Samuel David Foster
    Depends on the role, but I usually spend 20-30 mins tailoring my cover letter to highlight my most relevant experience and enthusiasm for the specific position. Taking the time to research the company and personalize it a bit helps me stand out. Others' thoughts on striking the right balance between customization and efficiency?
    Mary Garcia
    When I'm really interested in a position, I'll put a solid 1-2 hours into crafting a compelling, tailored cover letter. But for most applications, I have a basic template that I spend 15-30 mins customizing for the role. The extra effort can make a difference for your top prospects!