• Subscribe
  • How much time do you spend writing unit tests? ⏳

Samar Ali
    32 replies
    Imagine automating that process and having AI generate real-time, adaptive test cases instantly! Introducing GoCodeo, the smarter, faster way to perfect your code. It automates unit testing with AI, catches bugs early, and saves you 30% of development time. Plus, your code is never stored by GoCodeo. Let's dive in: ⚙️ How can automated unit testing streamline development? 🐞 What’s the impact of catching bugs earlier in the process? 🚀 How will GoCodeo change the future of coding and testing? Would love to hear your thoughts! We’re launching soon! Click the link below to get notified: https://www.producthunt.com/products/gocodeo Your support means everything to us! 💡👨‍💻

Replies

Christopher Anderson
    I don't write unit tests nearly as much as I should 😅 Probably spend like 10% of my coding time on tests when it should be more like 30-40%. That tool sounds really cool though, would definitely help me up my testing game! 💪 Integrating with GitHub to auto-generate tests based on reading the code would be slick. 🤖
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @christopher_andersona Haha, you're definitely not alone in that! 😅 A lot of us know we should be writing more tests, but it's tough to balance everything. Would love to hear how GoCodeo works for you once you’ve had a chance to try it out!
    Rutger Hensel
    @samalyx Awesome idea! Notified! Would be great if it can also create feature tests. How does it work? Will it integrate with github, read the code and create them?
    Gaurav Kumar
    @rutgerrr Thanks for the awesome suggestion. Currently, we are focused on automating unit testing, but expanding into feature tests is something we are definitely considering. We plan to integrate with GitHub, enabling GoCodeo to read real-time code, analyze it, and generate tests. We are always working to expand GoCodeo’s capabilities, and this is exactly the type of feedback that helps shape our roadmap! Keep an eye out, as we hope to make feature tests a reality soon.
    Eliana Norton
    I probably spend about 25 30% of my time writing unit test. It can feel tedious sometimes, but they definitely save me from bigger issues later on. GoCodeo sounds interesting automating that part would be a good!
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @eliana_norton Thanks for sharing your experience and we totally relate to it! Unit testing can feel like a grind, but it’s always worth it in the long run. We’re excited for you to try GoCodeo and would love to hear your thoughts when you do!
    Spencer Bowen
    Unit testing takes up more time than I'd like about 30 40%. If GoCodeo could reduce that and help me catch bugs earlier, that would be huge. Definitely keeping an eye on this launch!
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @spencer_bowen Completely hear you on the time unit testing eats up! Thanks for keeping an eye on GoCodeo's launch. We’re excited to have you along for the ride :)
    Talia Cooper
    I spend a solid chunk of time on unit tests, maybe 20%. It's necessary, but honestly, I’d rather focus on writing new features. If GoCodeo can save time while keeping quality high, I’m in!
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @talia_cooper Spending so much time on unit tests can definitely take away from the fun part - building new features. If GoCodeo can help free up your time and keep things running smoothly, that’s a win in our book. Let me know what you think if you give it a try!
    Tessa Lynch
    I spend around 25% of my time on unit tests. If GoCodeo can save me that much time and help catch bugs earlier, I’m definitely interested. Automated testing sounds like a huge win!
    Garrett Adams
    Unit testing takes up a solid chunk of my time about 30%. If GoCodeo’s AI can streamline this and spot issues before they become problems, that could be helpful for my productivity.
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @garrett_adams Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you're dealing with the same pain point we built GoCodeo to solve.
    Summer Graham
    I usually spend around 20% of my time on unit tests. The idea of automated, adaptive testing sounds fantastic and especially if it can help with faster debugging and less manual work.
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @summer_graham It's awesome that you're already thinking about ways to make debugging and manual work faster. Automating that process can really shift the balance, freeing you up for more interesting tasks. Would love to hear how GoCodeo works for you once you’ve had a chance to try it out!
    Ardak Y
    For me, it depends on what kind of features are being implemented and how likely they will change soon. For critical functions or complex logic, I spend a lot (50+), but for things that are easy to understand, maybe 10%.
    Milad Ranaei
    Automated unit testing can greatly streamline development by reducing the manual effort needed to write and maintain tests, while improving code quality. Catching bugs early not only saves time but also minimizes costly fixes later in the process, enhancing overall efficiency 🙏
    Unit testing takes up about 30% of my time
    Valianto
    2 hours a day
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @valianto Thanks for sharing! That's a lot of time and testing. Have you tried any methods to automate it?
    Martin Harris
    It takes me different times to write unit tests, depending on the complexity of the code and project requirements. On average, it can take from a few hours to a few days. If the code is complex or requires thorough testing, it may take me longer to ensure that it is robust and covers all possible cases. On the other hand, for simple features or small changes, the process can be much faster.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Good to see people are posting here actual results and have not written zero.
    Meghana Jagadeesh
    @vaibhavdwivedi I know right! It's awesome to see the community sharing their true experiences. I'm so glad that we are building something to address these problems.
    Alexandra
    Appreciate the practical advice in this article. Very useful! URL