• Subscribe
  • How to develop a successful launch plan?

Christian Nesi
    12 replies

Replies

Emily Walker
    I divide the launch plan into smaller tasks and give the team clear responsibilities. This makes sure that nothing gets overlooked. Good communication with regular updates is also important.
    Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
    1. Know your beachhead market, 2. Know your typical customer and where to find them. 3. Know what your product is doing for them in terms of time, money, relief, etc. Then go to the best channels or places where you find your persona and start talking to them (figuratively).
    Christian Nesi
    @mogthesify Thanks for the help, sir! Just one question. Many people say that you shouldn't be doing paid promotions in the early days of your products. Do you agree? We are targeting students and I am already contacting multiple study-related blogs, tiktokers and YouTubers for promotion once our POC is out. Is this the right thing or should we go organic 100%?
    Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
    @christian_nesi So we're in the same market. See it the following way: your product is a bucket and your customers are water that flows in. As long as your bucket has holes, it is useless to pour in expensive mineral water. Wait for the rain. Also, don't wait for the POC to be ready before you talk to students. Reach out to students to know and pitch them your idea, e.g. in form of a brochure. You will get important feedback. This may bring you a few people (5-10) who want to have your product and are willing to be your test users. Only spend money on customer acquisition when you have a few users who appreciate your product.
    Christian Nesi
    @mogthesify We have been talking to our customers from day 1. I religiously follow YC's advice. So I have used reddit, personal connections, tiktok and what not to gather feedback! Many thanks for the tips!
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    Hi Christian, to build a good launch plan, you can: Build Community: Engage with relevant users before your launch. Create a Strong Product Page: Use high-quality visuals and clear descriptions. Gather Early Feedback: Test and refine your product before launch. Engage on Launch Day: Be active, respond to comments, and show appreciation.
    Roman Tikhonov
    Hi Christian! We've just soft launched our MVP (reviewlab.app) and planning to launch on PH in about a month. Currently, we're still refining our product's positioning and UX based on the feedback from early adopters. Check out this webinar where a guy shares his experience of launching on PH (he got 1st place, but the way he achieved this goal is kinda questionable): https://www.youtube.com/live/rQd...
    Christian Nesi
    @rtikhonov Hey Roman. Just checked your website, sick concept, many compliments! I cannot thank you enough for the YT video, will check it out now!
    Roman Tikhonov
    @christian_nesi thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Let me know if you need feedback on your sign up and onboarding — I'd be happy to record a 5-min loom video where I try your product for the first time. It might help to improve your UX
    Mercy James
    I begin a launch plan by thoroughly researching the market and competitors. This helps me find any gaps and opportunities. A strong pre-launch campaign can also build great momentum
    Christian Nesi
    @mercy_james3 What does a "strong pre-launch campaign" look like? Many thanks for the comment