How to fail but not give up. My story :)

Uladzislau Rymasheuski
3 replies
Hey, I'm Vlad, founder of Askpot. And my startup failed in September '23. I'm a solo founder and I need to do all the staff - marketing, sales, coding including frontend and backend, SEO optimization and so on. That's pretty challenging but I love it! Here goes my fail story. I was building finance chat for QuickBooks where you can retrieve any report just typing question in plain english. I was coding hard for 3 month and product was ready in early September. And just imagine my face when I saw press-release from QuickBooks where they were introducing this chat feature built in their app. That was end of my startup. That how I thought at this moment. I was taught a tough lesson - when you build something that is hardly bounded to some other app - your startup can be killed just in a minute. So few days later I started to think what to do next. I've look through niches and .... started to do competitive analysis. And this was my "A-ha" moment. I just understood that how time-consuming this task is! So it was the first day of New Askpot - Competitive analysis tool that can automatically collect all the data for qualitative competitive analysis. And just less than 2 month from that we are live on Product Hunt! So don't give up! End of one thing is a beginning of something other!

Replies

Anar Hagverdiyev
Vlad is a very interesting story! Was Quickbooks's finance chat better than yours?
Anar Hagverdiyev
@rimash Inside doesn't mean better!)) I understand what you mean, it’s difficult to compete with such a giant, but you can sell it better technology.
Uladzislau Rymasheuski
@anar_hagverdiyev thanks! The main feature of Quickbooks chat was that it was inside their app, while you need to register separately in our app, so we cant handle the competition