• Subscribe
  • How to grow a subreddit community?

Vincent Delitz
    7 replies
    I recently created my first subreddit Do you have any idea how to grow a subreddit community in the most efficient way? Any tips or growth hacks would be highly appreciated.

Replies

Pedro Orlando
    Every time I tried, I got banned for no given reason. Reddit It's the only platform I don't get. Would love to learn if there's a way to create branded subreddits
    Vincent Delitz
    @orlandopedro did you have a branded subreddit or about a general topic?
    Pedro Orlando
    @vdelitz I think I made all possible mistakes. I wanted to create a community (branded), tried another not branded, the same. Seems a bit sensitive as a platform. And I have to pick my battles, so I let that one pass. But I need to to back soon
    Neta Burnum
    @orlandopedro me too, i got my post deleted for no reason
    Ritesh Jha
    I can help you with this; growing on Reddit organically is one hell of a task. If you have other sources and divert some traffic to your subreddit, that would be a great headstart. Moreover, bans mainly occur for internal reasons like spamming links, audience behavior, fake information, and illegal stuff. So, Reddit is very strict about these aspects. I would recommend putting up such good moderator bots. Next, generic content doesn't work there. It has to be spicy or controversial, contain legitimate insider information, or be exclusive. Well, one thing I did was I had multiple accounts, so whenever I added a post to my subreddit, I joined the conversation with my other accounts, and it was like I was debating with my alter egos. Last but not least, have patience; the Reddit audience is very savage! They have no filters; they can make or break a community in seconds.
    Vincent Delitz
    @actually_ritesh thanks for these tips!
    Alexander Isora 🦄
    I'm growing https://www.reddit.com/r/bootstr... It's hard. But it compounds! More people bring more people.