• Subscribe
  • How to launch a product with less than $10/month.

Fabio Reyes
    4 replies
    Having just launched my product, aka Stryvin, I'd like to share my experience of getting a product to market with minimal economic resources. Over the last decade I've dedicated myself to building several products, but this last one has been a challenge because I had to build it with a monthly burn rate of less than $10, and the first thing I've noticed is that instead of having a resource scarcity, I've actually seen a resource transformation. You stop paying for things with money and start paying with time, knowledge and even psychological resources. Less than $10/month and no compensation requires total commitment and sacrifice, as well as your full technical (ideally multidisciplinary) expertise and full-time work ~80hrs/week. You essentially become a one-man band. Overcoming the lack of a team: I spent most of my time learning the skills of what would have been employees and extra time executing them: coding, marketing, sales, design and psychology, etc No advertising: I design the product so that it can spread by itself: design for network effects, wom, virality (easier said than done). Infrastructure: Open source tools, efficient computing/requests code and cloud credits. I basically only pay for the domain name, I am always looking for ways to do the rest of the work myself in the first place. As I said, time is basically the new currency of exchange. Over the past few years, I've been determined to to experience the discipline of proving to myself that it's possible to create a business and even overcome poverty with very minimal resources in difficult economic conditions.

Replies

Brandon Lee Mitchell
    Check out the No Code Dev free resource directory for all sorts of affordable tools that can help with launching on a tight budget: https://nocodedev.com/free-resou.... Lots of free/cheap options for website builders, CRMs, email marketing, etc. Good luck with your launch!
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Inspiring! Good Luck with your launch, Fabio:)
    Luke
    Thanks for your information! Good luck to you~
    Bret Lee
    I suggest you have to sell over $30 products so that you can get a suitable margin such as https://macdemarcomerch.shop/mac...