• Subscribe
  • How to prevent App block for end users?

Nancy Osazee
    5 replies
    Hi, I am having issues with my app being blocked on some users computers. Any suggestion on how to fic this?

Replies

Benson Gao
    I'm not quite sure what blocking means—whether it's ad blocking or something else. Let's try to gather logs to identify the issue and address it properly.
    Nancy Osazee
    @bensongao Developed an App but when my end users try to run it, they can't or a notification comes up that the App might not be safe to download.
    Dedew
    To prevent your app from being blocked: 1. Use a code signing certificate. 2. Keep your app updated with security patches. 3. Ask users to whitelist it on antivirus/firewall. 4. Submit your app to antivirus vendors for review. 5. Build app reputation through downloads and feedback. These steps should reduce blocking issues.
    Jason Matthew Lewis
    1. Make sure your app is well-tested and not doing anything shady that could trigger antivirus flags. 2. Submit it to Microsoft SmartScreen and other app reputation services for review. 3. Provide clear documentation and a way for users to report false positives. 4. Build up a good reputation with downloads, ratings, and user feedback over time to establish trust.