• Subscribe
  • How valuable is the support you get from a give-and-take approach compared to genuine curiosity?

Udaya Sri
    22 replies
    I’ve noticed that many of us here use a give-and-take approach. While it’s great for getting visibility, I’m wondering how effective it really is for attracting actual users to your products. Feel free to let me know if I’m off track with this! :)

Replies

Aduma Emmanuel
    Genuine curiosity is more valuable to me because it shows a real interest in my work and fosters deeper connections.
    Desire Waterman
    I find a give and take approach quite practical for visibility and initial engagement, but genuine curiosity usually leads to deeper and more meaningful interactions with users.
    Iris Matt
    I agree that while give and take helps with exposure, genuine curiosity is key for truly understanding user needs and fostering long term loyalty.
    Tom Nick
    The balance between both approaches seems important. Give and take can attract attention, but genuine curiosity helps in truly connecting with users and addressing their needs.
    For me, genuine curiosity is more valuable. It creates stronger bonds than just a transactional give-and-take.
    Christian Onochie
    While give and take support is useful, genuine curiosity often leads to better understanding and more lasting support.
    Fletcher Graham
    I think both approaches have their value, but genuine curiosity feels more meaningful to me
    Nathan Cooper
    The give-and-take approach can be effective, especially in business or networking, but genuine curiosity creates a stronger bond.
    Jiyo Root
    Support from genuine curiosity always feels more authentic. It’s nice to know someone’s helping because they’re truly interested in what you’re doing, not just because they expect something back
    Dandelion Galleries
    Balancing give-and-take with genuine curiosity can turn initial engagement into lasting connections, as people are drawn to authenticity. Btw, have you observed different outcomes when using one approach versus the other? @udaya_sri
    Udaya Sri
    @dandelion_galleries I've noticed that being authentic and genuinely interested in others often leads to deeper, more meaningful relationships. How about you? Have you seen any differences in how people respond?
    Mia Sophia Walker
    I think a give-and-take approach is useful for initial visibility and engagement, but genuine curiosity often leads to more meaningful interactions in the long run. Curiosity helps you understand user needs and pain points on a deeper level. It's like dating - you might start with some playful banter, but real connection comes when you show sincere interest in getting to know the other person. 😉 That said, a balance of both approaches is probably ideal for building strong user relationships over time.
    Udaya Sri
    @miasophiawalker I agree, starting with give-and-take is great, but I think genuine curiosity is what really builds strong connections.