I'm curious. Do you prefer monthly or annual billing for a SaaS product subscription?

Dan O'Malley
14 replies
You use and pay for this product as an individual for professional growth. Choosing the annual billing option would give you a 20% discount.

Replies

Fraser B
Is there a free trial so i can ensure the project is a good fit? If so, give me those annual savings. Otherwise i tend to go for monthly.
There could be even more factors to make a decision here. Is the pricing per user or per "some other number"? How confident I feel in the product to invest a year worth of budget into it? How has been my team's experience using the product or even a competitor's product? Because in my company, we use several technology subscriptions. Some are monthly, some are annual.
Kshitij
Launching soon!
Depends on the product, but for personal tools, unless I'm a power user and I'm sure I'd use it for the year, I wouldn't go for annual pricing.
Launching soon!
Choosing the annual billing option with a 20% discount can save you money in the long run. Problem: Balancing work commitments and professional growth can be challenging, leading to limited time for content creation and marketing efforts. Solution: Contentify AI can help streamline and automate content creation and marketing processes, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your professional development while still maintaining a strong online presence. Try Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI
Business Marketing with Nika
It depends :D Because some products you need to have just only for a few uses (in that case – monthly – or when I want to test it). When I know, it is a long-term thing, probably Annual (or would be up for a lifetime plan).
Olie Fullin
I prefer monthly, monthly subscriptions offer more flexibility. If you're unsure about the long-term use of the product or if your needs might change, a monthly subscription allows you to cancel or change plans more easily.
Paulina Hryniewicz
Depends if I already know the product. If I don't, I might want to do a few months on monthly and when I'm sure it's going to be useful then I'd go annual :)
Elaine Lu
I prefer annual billing for a SaaS product subscription because it often comes with a discount and simplifies my budgeting. However, monthly billing can be more flexible for short-term needs or testing out a service.
Natalia Toth
Depends on what I expect to get from the product and within what time frame, but in general, I definitely prefer a monthly subscription, because I tend to lose interest in a product rather soon (or because my priorities change fast) :/ I might consider a quarterly subscription though if the product is going to help me achieve a harder goal (e.g. learn a new language or master a new skill) The only time I got an annual subscription was for a memory and attention training app, but because the yearly discount was really huge and so was the expected benefit.
Start with monthly, spend few months to see if the product is a good fit, and if so, then move to annually to save money.
Alexandra Goss
If it's above ~$20/year, monthly Unless, I'm 100% sold on the service. In my case, it's educational apps like Duolingo or Brilliant