• Subscribe
  • I'm Helmut, maker of EmbedQuiz 👋 - I've quitted my webdev agency to build a SaaS - Ask me anything!

Ágh Helmut
    18 replies
    Next week, I'm very excited to launch my first product on ProductHunt! In the past months, I've been working on a free quiz-maker platform, that helps businesses grow an email list with embeddable quiz widgets. EmbedQuiz is one of the few quiz-maker tools on the market, that provides an unlimited number of responses for free. Previously, I owned a successful software development & web design agency, but I always wanted to work on my own SaaS products as a solopreneur. In August 2022 I took a leap of faith and exited my company to work on my own product. I'm here to answer all your questions!

Replies

Heleana Grace
    Hi Helmut! I'm super curious, what made you want to change careers? And why did you pick a quiz-maker platform as your first product? Best of luck on this new journey!
    Ágh Helmut
    @heleana Hi Heleana, thank you! 🙏 Running a software development agency is very stressful, at least it was for me. It's hard to specialize on one service, because every client needs a custom solution. Many services can be "productised", but it was not that simple in our field. 80% of our clients were startups and it's a really competitive space. Although the company worked well, I felt burnt out and needed something new. Since I saw other SaaS companies, our previous clients, succeed I was always thinking about starting my own SaaS. It's not my first project, with other founders, we launched Industudium.hu 2 years ago. I built multiple online education softwares before, so I had some experience with educational quizzes. EmbedQuiz works also like an educational quiz, but serves another purpose. I wish you the best of luck too!
    Naveed Rehman
    what am I going to eat in my lunch today? 🤔
    Ágh Helmut
    @naveed_rehman Sometimes there are no right answers to a question! 😀 Let me know when you decided! 🍕
    Jaydeep Dhrangiya
    @naveed_rehman @kostandinangjellari @quinvio are launch is live support are launch JustAIChat
    Won Park
    DeepBrain AI
    DeepBrain AI
    Hi Ágh Helmut, I am here! I will review and upvote!
    Ágh Helmut
    @won_park Hi Won, thank you! 🙏
    Nigee
    If you need leads for your outbound strategy let me know. I can go through the sales process, cold outreach, sales collateral and build you leads to help you with a good launch. I help saas business generate sales within 30 days so you don't have to worry about the hassle of finding leads
    Ágh Helmut
    @heynigee Hi Nigee, thank you! The current version of EmbedQuiz is free and there are no paid subscriptions, so there is nothing to sell. But later I might contact you, once the project is profitable!
    dontgetrekt
    What kind of integrations does EmbedQuiz have? Could it be used for example on NextJS easily?
    Ágh Helmut
    @thedontgetrekt Currently, EmbedQuiz provides two types of embeddable quiz widgets. One of them is a simple iframe, that can be easily integrated into anywhere. It should absolutely work fine with NextJS! The other widget has some javascript too. It automatically resizes the iframe, so your users wont have to scroll if the height of the iframe is set too low by default. (You can counter this, by simply adding the right amount of height to the iframe widget.) Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to help and I can add more features to the embeddable widgets if it's necessary for your project!
    dontgetrekt
    @aghhelmut from SEO perspective I'd need google to index the quiz as content on my site / user actions taking place on my site for site engagement. so iframe would be out of the question i guess for me. if i could put the javascript widget in a next component, maybe it would work
    Ágh Helmut
    @thedontgetrekt Thank you, it's always helpful to get feedback on my project from different viewpoints! Currently the script component uses iframe too. I'm going to research this topic more and optimise the embeddable components to provide the best SEO experience possible!
    dontgetrekt
    Asking because i've lately been thinking about adding quizzes to one of my websites
    dontgetrekt
    @aghhelmut thanks. i'll be sure to test!
    M Ma'Kama
    Hello Helmut, I hope you're doing well. I'm interested in learning more about Embedquiz.com and was wondering if you could share some details about the stack you used to build it. Can you tell me what tools and services you used to build Embedquiz.com? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Ágh Helmut
    @mk_artisticlogic Hi MK, thank you for the support! EmbedQuiz was built using Laravel and Vue.js. I didn't use any other framework. I tried to minimize the number of dependencies, so it will be easier to maintain in the future.
    M Ma'Kama
    @aghhelmut 😁 "Laravel and Vue.js," nice choice...