I’m Henry, I’m new here 👋

Henry Walker
22 replies
Hi friends, I’ve recently joined and wanted to say hello. I’m Henry. I run a ~30 person dev agency and have taken the plunge into building my own products. I’m working on a few ideas that I plan to validate soon - very lightweight launches to see if there’s any interest. Any tips on how to get the best out of the PH platform and community? Thanks!

Replies

Yaking
Hi Henry, welcome to the community!
Henry Walker
@yaking thank you kindly 👋 New started too?
Oscar Mairey
Hi Henry, welcome to the community! Will we see you launching something soon? 👀
Henry Walker
Thank you very much Oscar. Ha - most definitely! I am working on some ideas at the moment. I intend to launch something very basic fairly quickly. But they do say to start working on your GTM at the same time as you product, so Im straight here trying to soak up some knowledge. What has your experience been like on this platform?
Navin Peiris
Heya Henry, welcome! Some tips on making the most out of PH: take part in discussions and launches (comment, upvote); basically make yourself known to the community by taking part and making your avatar and name familiar to the regulars. Also follow anyone that you find interesting, and hopefully they'll follow you back and be notified about what you're up to regularly. The following/follower ratio doesn't matter like it does on Twitter so there's no harm in doing that.
Henry Walker
@navinpeiris thanks Navin. That’s exactly the impression I’m getting so good to have it reaffirmed. So funny you mention about the follower ratio on Twitter - it does make a difference on there
Kimberley Lattanzio
@navinpeiris Hey Navin, thanks so much for the tips! I'm new here so they're super helpful. Followed you :)
André J
Launching soon!
@navinpeiris Yes, follow the genuine ones, skip the spammers. actually report the spammers 😅 .... so we can make PH more genuine, and a true birth place for awesome ideas.
Fred Lukens - Launching Today!
@henwalkco Let me know if I can help in anyway, I am also a newbie, and many people helped in the community. I'm grateful.
Michael Lowndes
Hi Henry - I'm new here as well. Good luck with everything, and let me know if you ever want feedback on anything you're building!
Henry Walker
@michael_lowndes thanks Michael. Appreciate that. And likewise. How’s the marketplace progressing?
Raisa Shafiyyullah
Hi Henry, welcome! I'm new here as well. I've just jumped into the community and started joining the discussions. I'm still a bit hesitant to create new posts, maybe because I'm just too shy.
Henry Walker
@raisans thank you and welcome Raisa. Good to connect. What brings you here?
Raisa Shafiyyullah
@henwalkco Thanks, Henry! I keep building products and apps but always need help with launching and promoting them. I think Product Hunt is a good platform to learn and share my products with the community.
Henry Walker
@raisans nice. Was just checking out your profile. Looks like you might come from the agency world like me? Looking forward to seeing what you’re launching