• Subscribe
  • Ideas on how to build products that OpenAI doesn't make obsolete when they update their model

Iyanuoluwa Ajao
    4 replies
    When ChatGPT launched in November 2023, many startups were made obsolete. For example, JasperAI, copyai, and even grammarly. Personally, I now use ChatGPT to correct the grammar in my articles. This got me thinking: how do you build an enduring product in this AI revolution? Apple launched their Apple Intelligence and it comes with a Writing Tools feature. This is basically a free grammarly integrated into the operating system. How do you compete with something like that? Lets not forget that Apple has a reputation of sherlocking products. Does anyone has ideas on how to build enduring product? So far, some of the ideas in my mind are to 1. Build a product that can't be replicated inside a chatbot interface; 2. Focus on the outcome, not the output from the LLM; 3. Develop unique process knowledge; 4. Curate unique data.

Replies

Harper Perez
    Focus on creating an exceptional user experience that a general AI can't easily replicate.
    Charlie Grayson
    Find a niche that requires deep expertise or specialized knowledge.
    Poll Coll
    Use AI to enhance your product rather than compete directly.
    Mike Wu
    One approach is to focus on reliability and robustness. I imagine that OpenAI focuses on working "most of the time" in a wide variety of settings but for many applications, that may not be good enough.