• Subscribe
  • In what kind of environment are you most productive?

Qudsia Ali
    15 replies
    Environment plays a significant role when it comes to productivity and creativity. What kind of environment helps boost your productivity levels?

Replies

Benoit COLLET
    I have a "productivity song", it's Ez3kiel album "LUX", which continues with "The Naphtaline Orchestra": when I turn it on, I'm productive... Then, depends on what we call productivity. For creativity and problem solving, I need to change my environment. For "basic" productivity, it's more about the personal energy than the environment, but a calm office will do: people around me but not too much noise...
    Imtiyaz
    It is said that developers are night owls. But no more me. The only time I'm most productive is when I'm working with my co-founder.
    @imtiyaz922 It's great that you enjoy working with your cofounder, as you are most productive when they are around. I wonder how you work effectively when they are not around?
    Brenna Donoghue
    For me, it's about changing environments - sometimes being home in the quiet vs other times in a loud coffee shop.
    Jimmy Spikes
    i guess the best work i do is in a med stress enviroment
    Gavin Hammar
    I like an environment with a bit of a buzz. E.g. co-working spaces and coffee shops. When I'm working from home, I'll sometimes play a "coffee shop sounds" Spotify playlist just to create the right ambience that fuels my productivity.
    @gavin_hammar Wow, you have a found a great hack to be productive even when you are not in the environment that boost your productivity.
    Olivier Tolédano
    Habit is my worst enemy. Depending on the project I'm working on and my humor, I adapt my environment and my schedule : day, night, quiet, music, remote, office, off-site... For instance, if I'm working on content creation for my website, I need to be quiet (remote or night or both). To plan a product launch, I need energy, so it will be with the whole team. If I need to be creative, I like to be off-site...
    Nik Hazell
    Can't beat a busy coffee shop IMO!