• Subscribe
  • Is it wise to outsource your SEO to freelancers?

Salar Davari
    16 replies

Replies

Moses Habila
    If you have clear SEO goals, outsourcing to a skilled freelancer can be effective. Just choose someone who understands your industry.
    Alex AI
    Yeah absolutely One of my online friends worked in the past with Nike, Calvin Klein - nowadays he is a freelance
    Azlan Tariq
    Let me know if you do and from where, i'm also in that stage where im looking for SEO services!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Of course, if the budget allows.
    Chritopher Bond
    Personally, I feel that outsourcing SEO could free me up to focus on other aspects of my business.
    Justice Ojoka
    Outsourcing SEO can be smart if you find a freelancer with the right experience. Just stay involved to ensure they align with your goals.
    Bill Frad
    It can be wise if you find a skilled freelancer with a solid track record. Their expertise might bring great results.
    Alex Bravo
    Its a bit risky if you don’t vet the freelancer carefully. Some may not deliver the quality you need, so choose wisely.
    William Seikh
    You ll need to manage the freelancer closely to ensure they align with your goals and follow best practices.
    F. Arvin Asyikin
    IT IS RISKY, BUT YOU SHOULD DO IT (with caution) Why is it risky? A lot of freelancers or agencies out there use black hat SEO. Read until the end, and I’ll explain how you can leverage freelancers for it. What is black hat SEO? It's an SEO strategy that tries to circumvent and doesn’t comply with Google’s policies. For example, using PBNs (Private Blog Networks), spamming low-quality backlinks, keyword masking, etc. Why do they do that? Because, in the short term, it can boost your website’s SEO—if Google doesn’t find out. You see, Google isn’t patrolling the web 24/7; they have schedules. But once Google finds out, they will disregard what the black hat strategy has built, hence lowering the SEO performance of the said website. If you’re still in a contract with the agency or freelancers, it’s no problem since they’ll just inject a new strategy. Rinse and repeat. It’s an endless loop of: Black Hat SEO > Temporary Boost > Google Finds Out > Decrease in SEO Performance > Black Hat SEO again. But SEO is a really great organic source, so you should still do it. Here’s what you should do: Understand How SEO Works: Search YouTube and follow other marketers. Look for White Hat SEO (the right way to do SEO). Understand What You Need: Do you need a web audit? A writer? Technical SEO? Different SEO services offer different solutions—know what you need. Hire Your White Hat SEO Freelancer/Agency: Search for the right SEOs. You can ask around your network or use a freelance marketplace. Make sure to conduct interviews and check their background. Ask them to explain how they do SEO. If they use black hat tactics, swipe left and move on to the next candidate. Set Up a Trial with Your Provider: SEO is a long game. If someone tells you that you’ll see results in a few weeks, they’re definitely lying. You’ll want to work long-term with them. If you find the right person to work with, set up a trial period—1-3 months is ideal. Don’t expect immediate results during this time, since SEO is a long-term strategy. Use this period to evaluate the collaboration: Are they doing the right job? Do they communicate well? If they’re good, continue working with them. If not, consider switching providers. Working with SEOs means committing for the long term, even years. Disclaimer: Just sharing my personal opinion—not saying black hat is wrong, but I prefer to stick with white hat.