Is it worth paying for premium social media services?

I pay only for Twitter (X) Premium (yearly subscription ~120€). 💸👋 Bye my money. The main reasons why I made this purchase: – I wanted to write a longer post (this was a real trigger that made me buy) – blue verified checkmark (profile seems to be more "trustworthy") – boosted reach – the thing is that X still changes that algo and even paying for premium doesn't help so much 👇 Do you pay for social media Premium services, e.g. LinkedIn, Meta, Snap or mentioned X? What benefits (positive changes) have you observed since then?

Replies

Daniel Engelke
I've experimented with paid LinkedIn at times, if you are extensively using the platform it can be quite useful but also if you are not using it for outbound messaging probably not worth it!
Alex AI
Always What kind of business or brand are you trying to build if you keep 10$ dollars in your bank account? You're losing credibility.
Business Marketing with Nika
@byalexai I have to say that Twitter brought me the most valuable connections and I do not have to post there some overspeculated posts. Consider LI Premium but I am not there as much as on Twitter.
Pablo Rodríguez Aracil
I think the fact of paying for premium social media has two reasons. One is that you can get it like in two crucial months of your company and use it for long term goals, adn use it daily for those two months to reach all the people you need. The other is that you have a good brand, strategy, company... and you can afford it. If you can afford it, in my opinion you're so dependent on it. So... not a bad idea if the premium sub make you succeed on your goals.
@pablo_rodriguez_aracil The best scenario is to afford it (and prove that you are one of top-notches) + multiply the effect of climbing even higher - it can help radically.
Konrad S.
Also Twitter only currently, for longer posts and checkmark (less ads is also good).
@konrad_sx Which tier did you buy? I think there are 3. It also depends on which device (I mean Android vs OS smartphone vs notebook you are purchasing).
Konrad S.
@busmark_w_nika Premium (the middle one), Basic has no checkmark (I think this is really nice to have as a company). Subscribed on PC.
@konrad_sx Have the same tier but I think I purchased it via smartphone. Really do not know if those Articles are used. I mean. Who would have time to read blogs with 10,000 characters? :D
Hossein Yazdi
You have forgotten it's most important feature, and that's being able to DM everyone, which is very useful for outreaching.
@hosseinyazdi yeah, for me it was more about filtering people :D I received many messages so I feel now more safe :D
Kajal d4
Yes, you can pay for the premium for social media service its depends on your goals and how you use social media, there are also some Benefits of Premium Social Media as well as Drawbacks also.
@kajal_d4 Do you have any subscription model there?
Andreas Sohns
I have not paid for any premium social media service yet but your experience with Twitter is interesting.
@andreas_sohns When I tried it first (monthly subscription) in March, I experimented a bit and created the whole post about the results: https://x.com/BusMark_w_Nika/sta... But many things have changed including that algo. Honestly, we are crying now :D
I would say, especially if you are B2B, that Linkedin premium features give you a great advantage on lead generation.
@sasa_prodribaba In B2B or for recruiters it can make a difference (also trustworthiness – there were some cases when people added to their bio/job bio various cool companies and they have never worked there but you know... "portfolio" :D) But for me, I cannot see any advantage rn from paying that.
Arthur Leclercq
Sales Navigator brings a lot of value in my opinion, however I have to say that it still needs a lot of improvement
@arthur_leclercq Do you have a personal experience with that?
Ashraf Khan
Paying for premium social media services can be worth it, depending on your business goals and needs. For a "Dubai graphic design company," investing in premium social media services can offer several benefits: Increased Visibility: Premium services often provide better reach and visibility for your posts, helping you attract a larger audience and potential clients. Advanced Analytics: These services come with detailed analytics and insights that allow you to track the performance of your campaigns and understand your audience better. Enhanced Targeting: Premium social media services offer advanced targeting options, ensuring your content reaches the right audience, which can lead to higher engagement and conversion rates. Professional Tools: Access to a suite of professional tools for content creation, scheduling, and management can streamline your social media efforts and improve efficiency. Ad Campaigns: Running paid ad campaigns through premium services can drive traffic to your website and increase brand awareness, leading to more business opportunities. For a "Dubai graphic design company," leveraging premium social media services can be a strategic move to enhance your online presence, showcase your portfolio, and attract clients in a competitive market. The investment can pay off through improved brand recognition and business growth.
My3 Murthy
I am on LinkedIn premium- but I honestly see very little value in it. It doesn't help me much other than inmail credits- which frankly is meh!
Çağdaş Öksüztepe
It depends on your goals. Premium features can offer valuable insights and tools for growth, but it's important to weigh the cost against the benefits.
André J
Launching soon!
You could pay for social media booster apps instead and get more reach more result no?
@sentry_co Do you have any specific platform in your mind? The best (if we mean the same) are better when you are a big enterprise. It's questionable whether it would make sense to me at the moment.
André J
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika something like https://owlead.com/ or there are plenty out there https://en.softonic.com/top/apps...
@sentry_co aa gotcha. Honestly, I am considering Tweethunter cause partially have had experience with this one. Time ago, probably it's much better now.
André J
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika Yep. tweet hunters Twitter CRM. looks like a growth booster. Sniping about to trend tweets from semi big accounts etc. I think sniping is the most effective way. Like add some clever upperhock "mind virus" reply that gets upvoted and a lot of exposure etc. The: "out of sight out of mind strategy". It's sneaky, but I don't really see any other strategies out of the box that works. All other strategies has been depleted and stopped working in 2015 😅
Choosing whether to pay for premium social media services depends on your goal. These services have extra features like analytics and targeted ads, which are great for businesses and influencers. But it might not be worth the money if you're just a casual user. Before you decide, try out free trials to see if the perks match your aim.
JD Worcester
I'm paying for X premium but don't use it / post enough to make it worth it. There are also so many bots on there...
@jd_worcester understand. I wish to post more and be present with people (so generally, until now, haven't get out most of it). On the other hand :D i am okay with that.
Gurkaran Singh
Paying for social media Premium services is like buying a fancy hat for your profile - it looks nice, but the algorithm still plays hard to get! Have you found any secret benefits behind the premium curtain, or is it all just a virtual vanity fair?