• Subscribe
  • Is MEME marketing overrated or underrated? Why?

Today no thoughts, just discussion.

Replies

Harald Frank
    I think a well-dosed use of really good memes is great. Just beware of too many mediocre memes. Bonus points for alignment with company brand and culture. Otherwise might seem weird.
    Simon🍋
    Underrated if done right. Can be viral gold, but gotta nail the tone.
    Christian Canlubo 🚀
    Depends! Some meme marketing still works. Especially based on your target market. Image, you do b2b but you use meme as marketing?>
    Dany
    Launching soon!
    Hmm, I think it depends on the execution and timing - it can overrated or underrated. I guess which meme you would use will also affect the overall result.
    Kartika Nurtasya
    I think cat meme starting overused nowadays, but still I enjoy watching it
    Tiberiu Arva
    I heard recently an interesting perspective that everything can be a meme. If you think about it, it makes sense in a certain way, so I tend to agree with it. Now coming back to question, I think they are under-rated by many. Memes approach situations in a funny, relaxed way and can become viral.
    Ditarth Desai
    Meme marketing is underrated if used well, as it’s relatable and can go viral. But it’s overrated if overused, as it can feel forced and lose impact quickly.
    Bilal Asif
    Really depends on the type of product/service. Though I find Meme marketing quiet compelling and catchy. :D
    Morgane Perrier
    ReadPartner Portal + Extension
    ReadPartner Portal + Extension
    I think meme marketing is often underrated. When used well, it can be a fun and effective way to connect with audiences. However, it does depend on the product and target market. For more serious brands, memes can risk making the brand seem less reliable or professional.
    Leo Sebastian Callahan
    Meme marketing is definitely underrated when done right! It's a great way to increase relatability and go viral. Just gotta be careful not to overuse memes or it starts feeling forced. AI tools like Jasper.ai can help generate some fire meme content to boost your marketing. 🔥
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @leosebastiancallahan Can you link there your favourite meme? :D
    Emin Araki
    Meme marketing is underrated. If used in the right place and the right way, it can be very effective at engaging people. But if it's done poorly or doesn't fit the brand, it can seem cringey and hurt your reputation.
    Paweł Puchalski
    Whenever I see a company trying to use memes in marketing, it reminds me of a meme with Steve Buscemi's "How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?". Just don't. Sincerely, Everyone
    Paige Marie
    It depends - if it is done very well, then it can be helpful. Most fall flat unfortunately.
    Felix Sattler
    It really depends on what kind of Meme Marketing you are going for: There are advertisements that use Meme-like scenes to go viral – definitely still underrated, as this keeps the connection between your Meme content and your product, so it can drive direct traffic. Best example for me: Million Dollar Shave Club (Still an amazing ad to watch in 2024). There are normal Memes that get posted because they are related to a pain point of your customer, a product benefit, e.g. but the connection is not really there. This will most likely result in your company becoming a Meme page in that industry – which is not the worst case scenario, but definitely the wrong direction if you want to attract users for a platform, e.g. Overall I can tell that no matter which – emotions always drive people.
    Gladys Maywalt
    I think If you follow the tread then its really useful.