Is the relationship between the gig economy and the tech industry sustainable?

Cyrille Pastour
6 replies
In terms of job security and work-life balance

Replies

Dave Costello
I would say yes. Excited to see how both of these continue to converge and what the future holds. Maybe a fully decentralized tech industry?
DaveSwaap
Eventually, it just becomes a race to zero and then you end up with a situation where it's unfeasible to continue for one but this can drive a completely new innovation for the space. Then you have a new cycle!
Alvaro Villalba Perez
I believe it isn't for the worker, but it's the safest bet for the company. Having a big % of the organization as contractors or freelance really gives the business flexibility.
Dentist
The relationship between the gig economy and the tech industry appears sustainable, given the symbiotic nature of their growth. Broxburn Tech platforms facilitate gig work, while gig workers contribute to the success of tech companies. However, challenges such as labor rights and regulatory issues may impact long-term sustainability.
Edena
Tech industry is ever growing, so I'd say it looks good in terms of job security. And I believe a lot of people choose gig work for a better work-life balance, though I am sure it involves its pressures. To me that is like discussing whether remote work is good for employees or not, it seems to be a preference for many, who we should rather assume know what works best in their lives.
Alexander Galitsky
Def more sustainable than between human beings