Is Tracking Your Book ReadList Getting More Difficult Now ?

Templater Guy
8 replies
It's a common problem many face. From students who study to general readers who just love reading, no one can remember everything that they have learnt. With more people getting closer to the small attention span, knowledge keeps getting limited. So, Notion can help you there. We created a "Reading Logger" template to keep track of all your records of the knowledge you have acquired. Keep a bookmark of all the books you have read, all the articles you have seen, and more... Be in touch with us for the launch. How will you feel about this template ?

Replies

Stefan Pettersson
Initially I used GoodReads, but it felt it just got worse and worse and then i found Literal. Free, modern and without ads. I think it is is awesome. https://literal.club/
Templater Guy
@stpe Yeah, literal.club seems to be a good choice. Yet Notion feels so personalized & do you know why ? It has got infinite customisation. That's why we love Notion. You can turn your books details and add new info without much difficulty. Ease of use is always preferred.
André J
Launching soon!
@stpe Prettier Goodreads! Does it have a community component?
Stefan Pettersson
@techmaniac if that works for you, then great. I could just put my list in a Google Docs too, but for me the main thing is discoverying books through what other read and their reviews. So I prefer a bespoke platform like Literal, where cover/book data is also associated.
Templater Guy
@stpe We get it. Seems like you love gathering knowledge from a community perspective and it's great. After all, Notion works more better for yourself. Like learning a new resource then adding it to your inventory. It's mostly self centered so we get what you are trying to say. But We think Notion works best for people who love doing things alone. We do like your idea of pooling in resources.
Eden
Personally I use GoodReads which I like a lot because it automatically stores my highlights from Kindle (and when ive finished/started a book)
Templater Guy
@entreeden Yeah, it's an awesome tool to have pesonally. But, tracking your book reads isn't the only knowledge you may gain in you life. Your knowledge may come from various sources like articles & blog posts. If you like tracking them too, Notion might be a better place to start. Well, we love to do it all the time after all.