• Subscribe
  • Landing page not converting! What is the issue?

David Nemes
    9 replies
    I'm thinking of launching a new product that would create a website from your business's Facebook page. I'm running ads & the CPC is around 0.12$ which I believe is pretty cheap but from around 230 clicks only 3 people signed up for the waitlist. There is an issue with my landing page or people are not interested? website: https://pagetoweb.com/

Replies

Carol Moh
    Some feedback: 1. No product shots - show examples of pages made using your software (including the Facebook page it was pulled from). Your audience is probably not tech-savvy, so they need more visual aids to see what can be achieved. Maybe a teaser demo video would be good? 2. How it works - demonstrate how quick and easy it is. This could be images or gifs/a video. 3. As the other members have mentioned, you should make the page more targeted and address pain points that can be overcome by having a website. If they already get decent traffic or a good audience on FB, why should they make a website? 4. CTAs - I think you need more CTAs, so when you talk about the features of benefits of your product, there should be an action to motivate them rather than having to scroll down. Also, out of interest - who is your ad targeting, and what does your ad copy/image say? It might be that your ad is not aligning with your landing page, so people go and do not find what they are looking for.
    David Nemes
    @carolmoh Thanks for the detailed feedback! For now, I only have a prototype but you are right some product visuals would be good. "If they already get decent traffic or a good audience on FB, why should they make a website?" this is a good point and made me think. Atm I'm still in the idea/validation phase, gathering feedback.
    Samantha Ealy
    The only thing I can think of is who you're targeting. My guess is this is not for super technical people; since they'll be able to create a website with more ease than say a software developer. Are you targeting mom and pop shops, solopreneurs in non-technical spaces, coaches, etc.?
    David Nemes
    @samantha_ealy Yes, I'm targeting small businesses that already have a Facebook page but don't own a website yet but would like one. Maybe the benefits of having a website point on the website would help to explain why you need also a Facebook page.
    It talks about the what, but not the why. It needs to be more clear on who it's reaching and what they get out of it - speak to a niche (this is hard to do, but self-identification matters). For the non-tech savvy the email list is probably off-putting. I can see your offerings being appealing to localized services (trades, small stores etc.).
    David Nemes
    @whelm_me "For the non-tech savvy the email list is probably off-putting" This is actually a good point. I added the email list because the service is not done yet, but I wanted to validate the idea and gather feedback. But maybe for my target audience signing up to an email list is not the best way to collect feedback.
    @nmsdvid Yeah - user validation is difficult because of this (I would actually call a lot of it bullsh*t, because things can work at scale that fail with a small launch). What if you present it honestly that way? Have a photo of yourself, or a video explaining where you are at, and what the incentive is for signing up (first 100 get a pony etc.). I think non-tech people are way less trusting because they have a harder time validating, so being personal might help. Also there could be related services that you can team up with - like partnering with people that do SEO. If you can find one or two people that could blast an email list that matches your ideal user you could get some targeted feedback.
    David Nemes
    @whelm_me Thanks for the feedback! I will try to adjust the copy text.
    Venier
    add more relevant data and appealing text