• Subscribe
  • Launch-Now Blackhole

Talha
    2 replies
    Does using Launch Now instead of Scheduling launch for the start of the next day sends your launch into a blackhole where nobody sees it? Because my first launch (a visual tab switcher for chrome) was relatively successful when I used Scheduled Launch, but for today's launch (X/Twitter widget for android) after using Launch Now, not a single person has seen it even though it is a much more popular product based on how people have reacted to it every other place. Maybe Product Hunt needs to disable the Launch Now functionality or use a better system for exposing visitors to products.

Replies

Hugo Dominic Carmichael
    I've noticed that too. I think the algorithm might favor scheduled launches over instant ones. Maybe it's time for Product Hunt to tweak their launch exposure logic. Btw, your X/Twitter widget for Android sounds cool, got a link? I'd like to check it out.
    Carlvensky St Fleur
    I think It's because if you schedule your launch, PH users can see in advance what's coming and activate "notify me." they are more likely to check your tools on the day you launch