• Subscribe
  • LLama2 is free... Will you build with it?

Cyril Gupta
    10 replies
    Meta just made it's Large Language Model, Llama2 free for commercial use. You can use it in your projects without paying any licensing fee or api costs. So just host and use.. What would you like to build with it?

Replies

Stas Prohetamine
    I may be wrong, but I have experience with llama and I can say that a cloud version deployed somewhere on a server where you pay for API access will probably be more profitable than renting your own servers and maintaining a language model, perhaps this is not the case..
    Stas Prohetamine
    The fact is that I was running llama on one of my own servers, which is quite powerful, and I saw a performance problem
    Vincent Lonij
    For online apps, The trade-off here sounds similar to companies that offer a open-source version of their product next to a paid cloud-hosted version. Either you pay with cash or you pay with time. Where I see this really making a difference is for apps that cannot rely on a permanent internet connection. Does anyone know what kind of hardware is needed to run this model?
    Vincent Lonij
    @cyriljeet Hmm that does not exactly sound easy or cheap to set up. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's really cool that they released this, but I'm not yet seeing the commercial benefit.
    Kunal Mehta
    Absolutely! LLama2 being free makes it an excellent choice for building our edtech application. Its cost-effectiveness allows us to focus on delivering high-quality education solutions to a broader audience without worrying about financial barriers. Let's harness LLama2's potential to create a revolutionary and accessible learning platform for all.