Marketing on social media is hard! Share your tips here to on how to grow your socials!

Clayton Walker
27 replies
Hey PH! It’s no secret social media is a great place to market your product. Unless you already have a large following, it’s not easy to gain traction and build a large community around your product. Outside of going viral, it takes a lot of work and a solid strategy of consistent valuable content to grow your social media presence. What have you all done to grow your communities on socials? Do you prefer one network over another? Have you thrown in the towel and focus on communities like Indie Hacker and PH? Share your tips below! We’re launching Respired.io later this week, an AI powered social media management platform designed to help you improve your social channels regardless of your marketing experience. Respire analyzes your online presence during onboarding to learn about your brand and provides suggestions based on your goals. Generate strategies and post captions with a variety of AI powered tools to effortlessly fill your calendar with relevant, on brand content tailored for each network in no time. Check it out if you’re looking for some help managing your social profiles https://www.producthunt.com/prod... Cheers! -Clayton

Replies

Pari Pushpakar
I try to share valuable and engaging content with our audience that will find useful or entertaining and I also believe responding to comments, messages, and mentions to build relationships on Product hunt.
Clayton Walker
Or if you have any frustrations share those in case someone has a solution!
Paulina Hryniewicz
I think the hardest part is building your community. The rest can be done more or less easily. But to have people truly interested and engaged - that's difficult to achieve quickly. :) I'm in the process of doing so, and it takes a long time! Check out my launch today :)
Clayton Walker
@paulinahryniewicz yes it takes time, consistent posting, and lots of engagement. Very cool product, I want to try it out :)
Natalia Toth
I try to experiment with different topics on paid ads and then see which ones resonate the most. Some people who saw our ads subscribe to the page. I then create more posts on that topic, and some of them get organically reposted by these new subscribers. That's how our subscriber base is growing :)
Clayton Walker
@natalia_toth thanks for sharing! Do you find you have more success on some networks more than others?
Natalia Toth
@claytonwalker Hi! We only promote on LinkedIn and since recently also on Facebook, and while I see more engagement on Facebook posts, our LinkedIn subscribers base is growing faster
Andreas Sohns
It's all about consistent, valuable posts and engaging with followers. I love Instagram for its visuals but Twitter (X) is great too.
Clayton Walker
@andreas_sohns exactly! Instagram is my personal favorite. I haven’t been able to break into Twitter as well. We’ve had more luck connecting with users on Instagram and tik tok, but our target audience is much more prominent in visual networks. Thank you for sharing!
Alexandra Goss
1. Find balance between authenticity and pleasing the algorithm 2. Find your audience and listen to signals from them 3. Boost posts to get more reach 4. Ditch Twitter, it sucks these days
Clayton Walker
@alex_skazka great tips, thank you for sharing! Twitter is different these days, but still a viable place to connect with users. We’ve had the most success on Instagram and tik tok
Alexandra Goss
@claytonwalker I used to look down on Threads, but I've hear so many success stories that I might add it to my scope as well Crazy times to be on social media
Hakim Zerhouni
Growing your social media is tough! Post consistently with valuable content, interact genuinely with your followers, and join communities like Indie Hackers and Product Hunt for support and feedback.
Clayton Walker
@hakz exactly! Do you have a favorite network you post to?
Elaine Lu
Consistency is key! Post regularly, engage authentically with your audience, and utilize analytics to refine your strategy.
Clayton Walker
@elaineluyi Yes! Which networks do you frequent most?
My3 Murthy
The other comments have covered it all! For me, personally, I am struggling with finding things to talk about. But I am guessing that is a writer's block & it will soon clear. I shouldn't wait for it to clear- neither should others.
Clayton Walker
@my3_murthy you and me both! This is what motivated our team to build our product. It’s difficult to constantly come up with new engaging content week after week. Our core features are built around creating relevant ideas and strategies based upon your brand, industry, and goals. Our users are finding it incredibly helpful in creating a full feed of valuable posts.
Justin Tomlinson
Hardest part for me is always coming up with great ideas and then being consistent. I usually find myself with maybe a good idea or two but definitely not any kind of consistent basis of posting 3 to 5 times a week.
Adeeb Malik
@justin_tomlinson I agree ideation is tough. I try to break down the customer journey, problems they face, etc. and then try to introduce/talk about the product's benefits (not features). People don't know your product as you do, they'll always interpret it in their own manner. So, help drive that. In that process, you'll have great ideas, and more traction!
Justin Tomlinson
@adeeb_malik Hello Adeeb. Yes, that’s a great point. It’s easy to fall into the feature feature feature pit trap. People don’t really care about your features, but they care about is solving their problems. 😁
Adeeb Malik
@justin_tomlinson Exactly, they don't. So, we gotta make sure that they do, but in a way that they feel like they're at the center of your product. And once that hits, there's no stopping!
Advin Jadis
Amm engaging with your audience consistently can really drive growth. Good luck!
Siri Nana
Notified, Good luck for your launch.