My Favorite Reads for Product Managements 📘✨

Atticus Li
2 replies
Hey fellow Product Hunters! Ever wondered what's on a PM's must-read list? I've got you covered. Here's a peek at the books that have been my trusty sidekicks on this wild product management ride. Whether you're just getting your feet wet or you're in the deep end, these picks might just be the life raft you need. So, let’s get personal with my bookshelf! Starting Out? Here’s What Got Me Hooked 🌟 "Cracking the PM Interview" by Lewis C. Lin: The interview prep that felt like a chat with a mentor. 🗣️ "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries: Changed the way I think about building products and why fast failure can be a good thing. 🏗️ Refining My Game: Strategy Books That Were Game Changers 🎲 "Crossing the Chasm" by Geoffrey A. Moore: It's like the art of war for product positioning. 🎯 "Working Backwards" by Colin Bryar and Bill Carr: This one felt like a coffee catch-up with Amazon insiders. ☕ Conversations and Influence: My Go-Tos for People Skills 👥 "Influence" by Robert B. Cialdini: This is my dog-eared playbook for understanding what makes people tick. 🕰️ "Never Split The Difference" by Chris Voss: It’s like having a seasoned negotiator whispering in your ear. 🤝 Leading the Troops: Books That Taught Me About Team Spirit 🎖️ "What You Do Is Who You Are" by Ben Horowitz: It’s like having a heart-to-heart on culture with one of the greats. ❤️ "Empowered" by Marty Cagan: This book is like the wise coach for building teams that knock it out of the park. ⚾ Climbing the Ladder: My Management Compass 🧗‍♂️ "The Making of a Manager" by Julie Zhuo: This was like an older sibling’s guide to navigating the management jungle gym. 🌿 "Extreme Ownership" by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin: Imagine getting a pep talk from a Navy SEAL; this book is just that. 🌊 The View from the Top: My Executive Mindset Builders 👓 "The Hard Thing About Hard Things" by Ben Horowitz: It's like a survival guide for the CEO’s soul. 🏔️ "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" by Patrick Lencioni: Like a group therapy session for team dynamics. 🌀 These aren’t just books; they’re my silent mentors, my debate partners, and my late-night strategy session companions. Do you have any favorite PM books? 📖✌️

Replies

lilia urmazova
It's not about the PM, but good books about management, start-ups, and motivation to not give up. Delivering Happiness: Hsieh, Tony The Black Swan: Nassim Nicholas Taleb The Mom Test: Rob Fitzpatrick Tribal Leadership: Dave Logan, John King
Abigail Salimpuran
Thanks for sharing your go-to reads for product management! I'll definitely be adding some of these to my reading list! Also, I highly recommend "Atomic Habits" by James Clear. It's a fantastic book that delves into the science of habit formation and offers practical strategies for building good habits and breaking bad ones. It's insightful, actionable, and incredibly motivating.