• Subscribe
  • Network, network, network!

Dan O'Malley
    12 replies
    Building a product is hard work. But having a strong network can make it easier. Do you have a network-building strategy? Do you use any tools to organize and maintain it?

Replies

Aaron Kow
    Launching soon!
    Hi @dan_o_malley, I noticed you’re launching soon and wanted to take this opportunity to connect. Would you be interested in supporting each other’s work? As a solo dev, I recently launched my first tool publicly and tested several platforms to get traction. Here’s a breakdown of the results: 1. Hackernoon — Wrote a tutorial addressing the problem my tool solves (✅ effective) 2. Reddit — Posted in relevant subreddits + engaged with the community (✅ effective) 3. Twitter/X — Consistently engaged with the community and posted updates (😐 occasionally effective) 4. HackerNews — Submitted a few posts (❌ not effective) 5. ProductHunt — Engaged with the community via discussions (❌ not effective)
    Dan O'Malley
    @aaronkow Happy to support each other. I'll be notified when you launch!
    Rahul Mishra
    @dan_o_malley @aaronkow interesting, thanks for sharing
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    The main strategy is to be good and honest, help others, and respect your own work as well as the work of others. Don’t hesitate to share your ideas. I believe in a proactive networking strategy that involves attending industry events, participating in online forums, and engaging with peers on platforms like that. To organize and maintain my network, I use tools like Notion to keep track of contacts and interactions.
    Dan O'Malley
    @yusifov Good stuff! I like your proactive strategy. How do you use Notion to keep track of contacts and interactions? Did you create a table? Do you copy and paste contacts' info into Notion? How do you set reminders to follow up?
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    @dan_o_malley Thanks! I really appreciate it! I use Notion to keep track of my contacts in a simple table with names, contact info, and notes on how I can help them, along with follow-up timelines. I also set reminders in Notion to follow up, which helps me stay on top of things. It’s been super useful!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Engaging with others is a gro. No one will pay attention to you if you care only about yourself. That's why I try to be active and interact "outside of my profile".
    Dan O'Malley
    @busmark_w_nika You're doing an excellent job of providing value to the community.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @dan_o_malley Thank you ❤️ I still need to improve! :)
    Pooja Jayasri
    I focus on intentional connections, offering value, and staying active, consistent especially on LinkedIn.
    Prince Virani
    Yes, you are right. right now I don't use any network tool for it
    Dan O'Malley
    @prince36 Check out UNetwrk.com to see if it's a tool that might be useful for you. If so, reach out to me and I'll give you a promo code for a discounted premium account. 😁