• Subscribe
  • Non founders, Have you ever felt emotionally attached to the product or service you work with?

Udaya Sri
    38 replies
    During my last year of college, I volunteered at a youth organization, handling management tasks like organizing workshops, leading the team, and occasionally teaching online classes. I sometimes miss those days and find myself wondering how the organization is doing now. It’s common for founders to be emotionally attached to their creation, but I’m curious how many non-founders feel the same way. I think many employees might also relate to this.

Replies

Alexander Galitsky
    As long as I get a good salary, then definitely yes ☺️
    Udaya Sri
    @ag94 You got your priorities straight 😅 Love that mindset!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    If you give your personality to your project, you are attached to it and it is hard to abandon it. happened to me a few times.
    Udaya Sri
    @busmark_w_nika That’s a great way to put it, give your personality to the project. Watching them make progress sometimes makes us feel really proud.
    YanXu
    Yes, I feel the same way. Looking at my first product now, although it's rough and has many shortcomings, it always reminds me of the initial state of mind when I was very dedicated and happy working on it.
    Udaya Sri
    @all_appp_games I understand. It’s a nice reminder of how far you’ve come and the excitement you had when you first started.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    When you work on a project wholeheartedly, you naturally become attached to it, (obviously) this has happened to me a few times.
    Udaya Sri
    @hamza_afzal_butt I completely get it. It's a bitter sweet experience.
    Evan Christopher
    100% me, and I think it's natural for founders to feel that way (if you're serious on your product). I have this kind of feeling where I continuously 'kept on thinking' of how my product would be in the future, how my team could reach its highest potential, and how our product development cycles complies to our timeline, like DAY n NIGHT. If not, I'll feel demotivated in some way :/
    Udaya Sri
    @evan_christophers I get it, it's a real emotional rollercoaster. I think we just need to keep pushing forward and put in the effort.
    Nathan Covey
    Yes. Can be a bad thing if the product isn't good
    Udaya Sri
    @nathancoveyI hadn't considered that before, but now that you mention it, I see your point.
    Hannah Travis
    Absolutely! I once worked on a project that aligned perfectly with my personal values. It felt rewarding to see it make a difference.
    Udaya Sri
    @travis_hannah I understand that feeling. Keep going!
    Tumblar Kevin
    Yes, I’ve felt that. I worked at a local café that supported local artists and musicians. It was more than just a job; it was like a community. I miss the vibe and often think about the artists and friends I made their.
    Udaya Sri
    @tumblar_kevin That's awesome! It sounds like you had a good time working there.
    Philip Polk
    Totally. I was a project coordinator for a charity focused on environmental conservation. The work was so impactful that I still follow their updates and feel a sense of pride and connection to their ongoing projects.
    Udaya Sri
    @philip_polk Looks like we're all going through the same stuff.
    Maryam Adam
    Totally. I felt a strong connection when I worked on a project that matched my values.
    Udaya Sri
    @maryam_adam1 I think it's tough for projects like these to let go.
    Stephane Thrasher
    Definitely! I worked with a team that developed educational tools for schools. Seeing the positive feedback from teachers and students made me feel really invested, and I still keep up with their developments.
    Glenn Max
    I’ve experienced that before. When you put so much effort into something and see it thrive, it’s hard not to feel a personal stake in it.
    Udaya Sri
    @glenn_max I completely agree with you!
    Iris Matt
    Absolutely! I used to work with a nonprofit that helped children with disabilities. Even though I’m not there anymore, I often think about the kids and hope they’re thriving. It’s hard not to get attached.
    Evan_Washington
    Definitely. I worked at a tech startup that developed a mental health app. I grew really close to the mission and the team, so I still check in on their progress and cheer them on from afar.
    Puja Kumari
    For sure I used to manage customers support for a small e commerce brand. I felt so connected to the customers and their stories. Sometimes, I still wonder how they're doing and if the brand is continuing to help them.
    Udaya Sri
    @puja__kumari I love that we're all on the same page.
    Emma
    Absolutely! I once worked on a project that became like a second home. I still check in to see how it's doing.
    Udaya Sri
    @emm_a Sometimes, I feel really proud watching them make progress.
    Noora khan
    Yes, I’ve felt that way. Working closely with a product or service can create a strong emotional connection, even if you're not the founder.
    Udaya Sri
    @nooraa_khan Exactly! I'm still figuring out how to handle it, though.
    Fredo Tan
    Yes, which isn't always a good thing.
    Udaya Sri
    @fredotan I totally get it. It’s tough sometimes, but we just have to keep moving forward.
    Ronald Young
    Absolutely! As a designer, I pour my heart and soul into every product I work on, even if I'm not the founder. Each project becomes a reflection of my creativity and hard work. It's bittersweet to finish a project and move on, but seeing users enjoy what I helped build makes it all worth it. That emotional connection is what drives me to keep pushing my skills and imagination to new heights with each new challenge.
    Isaac Henry Gallagher
    Yeah, I definitely get emotionally attached to products I work on, especially if I'm really pouring my heart into it. It's like the product becomes your baby and it's hard to let go. I think a lot of non-founders who are really passionate about what they do probably experience this. It's a blessing and a curse!