• Subscribe
  • Proactiveness for Sales in B2B product.

ammara mehd ghani
    2 replies
    Hi, I recently finished the MVP of my b2b product and now I am working on sales and marketing. How proactively have you worked on reaching out to potential customers? Please mention the number of users you reached out to per day. And how successful your strategy has been? Which medium did you use (cold email, linkedin messages etc)? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.

Replies

Tom Rudnai
    It depends so much on the product and ICP as to which channel is most effective. I would suggest that the one common thread is going to be consistency. Work back from your goal to the number of touchpoints that you need to reach it, and then focus on that input rather than the goal that can look scary. Block time to ensure you do that consistently every day - there's a cumulative effect. As an example with a fairly typical B2B Sales funnel. Goal: 2 customers a month. To get that we need... 4 x demos 8 x discovery / intro calls 16 x replies 160 x opens 400 x emails. 400 emails / 20 working days = 20 personalised emails a day. So, to hit that, we need a process for quickly researching each prospect, templates we can adapt, and probably 3 hours a day blocked. Back when I was an SDR (fair few years ago) this was how I'd approach it. 20 emails a day is much less scary a task than 2 paying customers. (In reality, I'd suggest experimenting with different channels initially and when you see better returns from one, double down).
    ammara mehd ghani
    @tom_rudnai1 Thats very helpful to know. I just wanted to know how much efforts everyone is putting into make sales for their B2B product. But you explained pretty well. Your approach seems very realistic and wont drain my energy as well.