• Subscribe
  • Product for early stage ideas - challenge the idea, evolve, pitch.

Artem Zhuravlev
    4 replies
    Hello mates, I would appreciate your thoughts on my start up idea. The solution in focus caters to early stage start ups and is going to be attractive to investors, too. It helps founders get feedback on their idea (ironically, the exact same thing I'm doing right now here) and ease their access to investors' radar. It is based on gamification, reputation system and competition for pitch opportunity. Long story short, the better you perform at expert and peer-to-peer assessment, the higher you chance is to win the prize - elevator pitch opportunity. As founders, what do you think?

Replies

Matthias Strafinger
    Hey Artem, I do not get the product idea. Can you rephrase? You say what you gonna do but not how.
    Artem Zhuravlev
    @matthias_strafinger sure The flow I now have in mind looks like this: > You have a startup idea and you want to talk to someone to validate it. you want to do it fast! > You sign up to the platform (let's call it P further). > You join chat-roulette that is one of the core features of P. It runs 24/7 and is not limited by time zones. You have 3-5 mins to get your idea challenged. People who give feedback are employees of successful startups, founders, industry experts etc. You are evaluated by them and it adds up to your total score > Your total score is made up of different metrics that can demonstrate that your idea has traction, say, your activity on P, social media followers, github stars, users acquired, and etc. The list is yet to be crafted > There is a leaderboard of startups with their scores available to investors > We hold mock pitches as one of the key activity to earn score > The top ranked startups present to investors during a curated event Hope it makes more sense now!
    Matthias Strafinger
    @artem_bm now I get it. Of course it makes sense and there are certain events for that (start up conferences have those kind of speed dating, you can also do pitch competitions, etc.) Feedback wise, it makes more sense to talk to your real customers than to VCs in my opinion.