• Subscribe
  • Reddit vs. Twitter for getting your first users?

Pooja Jayasri
    25 replies

Replies

Aritra Das
    I have used twitter as well as reddit but reddit turns out to be a better for getting views faster when you publish them on subreddits. Twitter is just a good platform if you have a existing audience or just a luck if your tweet gets viral !
    Bilal Asif
    I believe Twitter is a great platform for finding users.
    Simon🍋
    Reddit is harder to satisfy, but you don't need a following and can get quality traffic. X needs followers or spamming unmoderated communities. Pick your poison haha
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Twitter has always been more convertible for me.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @pooja_jayasri What's your account there? :) It seems that I cannot find one in your bio.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    I think It depends on your niche/users where you have them for your product.
    Monalisa Sethi
    Hi Pooja, when you say users do you mean paying customers (here you want to validate proof of monetization) or are you looking for beta/test users (these are free users, mostly, who help you validate your proof of concept). If it's the latter, I would suggest find out a few prospective users from your own network (on LinkedIn), and communities (LinkedIn, Reddit, private groups on WhatsApp). Pitch them your product and ask them if they are willing to do a free trial. I have signed up for beta tests of 3 different products from Reddit and Product Hunt since Tuesday. You can put your product on any of these sub-reddits without getting flagged/banned: https://bit.ly/3YeRS1A If it's the former, you can do cold outreach (emails, LinkedIn messaging), posting on relevant LinkedIn groups, reddit, X. One key thing to keep in mind is to prioritize the platform where your ICPs hang out, be it Reddit or X.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @monalisa_sethi Love the detailed reply! :) I'm targeting paid users. How has cold outreach worked out for you?
    Monalisa Sethi
    @pooja_jayasri Since I do social selling for all my clients, cold outreach is never really cold. My founders get an easy in since they are consistent with posting on social media. The conversation always somehow contain "oh we love your posts." I do LinkedIn outreach first over email and try out different permutation and combination of drip campaigns.
    Monalisa Sethi
    @monalisa_sethi I have also tried this tool called Kleo on LinkedIn. It has a Chrome Extension. It gives you a persona summary of any LinkedIn profile underlining what points you should keep in mind while approaching that particular person. I am sure there are similar tools available which will ease the outreach process.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @monalisa_sethi Thank you! Would love to know more about how you make your drip campaigns work for your clients. :)
    Vikas Potta
    If you're in the right subreddits - reddit wins hands down!
    Pooja Jayasri
    @vikas_potta1 Absolutely. Helps you target better. Any subreddits you swear by?
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    Reddit allows niche community engagement, ideal for focused discussions. Twitter offers broader exposure, but engagement can be less targeted for early users.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @annaho2000 Agreed :) Would love to know in detail about how you'd go about engaging in focused discussions on reddit
    ✴️Nazir Yusifov✴️
    Twitter! In this particular option, only Twitter! Thanks to the ability to tag interesting people or potential clients in your posts.
    Ghanshyam Bhalu
    Depends on your products niche. we are getting some few users from Reddit,
    Pierre-Yves Dubreucq
    It depends on your users, but I feel that the Reddit community shares a similar mindset to Product Hunt's. For Sweego, Twitter hasn't driven as much traffic as I expected. With Reddit, you need to be cautious and provide value, but I believe it’s a very engaging and valuable community.