• Subscribe
  • Should I add my product in G2 shortly after launch?

Evan Christopher
    5 replies
    Hey Product Hunt community! 👋 I'm preparing to launch our SaaS product, Pusaqa, in next mid-September. I'm considering submitting Pusaqa to G2 right after the launch as a way to boost our credibility from the start. My thinking is that if users can leave reviews on G2 early on, it will help us build a strong presence. Then, in the near future, when potential customers search for Pusaqa reviews on G2 (before buying it on our Landing Page), they'll already find positive feedback. What are your thoughts on this strategy? Is it wise to focus on G2 from day one, or should we concentrate our efforts elsewhere in the early stages? I'd love to hear your experiences and advice! Thanks! 🚀

Replies

Trevor Lee
    Myko Assistant
    Myko Assistant
    Depends on the size of your customers if they are mid market or enterprise G2 will go further.
    Dhruv N
    Focus on building a strong product-market fit before aggressively pursuing G2 reviews. While early feedback is valuable, prioritizing user acquisition and product refinement might yield better long-term results. A solid foundation of satisfied customers will naturally lead to positive G2 reviews.
    Evan Christopher
    @dhruv_n1 I've always thought this way, cus I'm afraid that it would be backfire to our company, cus what we launch is still on 'MVP' level right... and that'll leave users to drop negative comments since it still does not meet their needs and requirements (yet), and it'll affect our long-term image... so I'll definitely consider your opinion; to strive reaching PMF & solve user needs first & foremost before aggressively submitting my product to G2. Thank you @dhruv_n1 !
    Ezra Quentin Wolfe
    Focusing on G2 early on can definitely help build credibility and social proof, especially for a new SaaS product. Positive reviews there can sway on-the-fence buyers. That said, don't neglect other key areas like ensuring a stellar onboarding experience, proactively engaging with your initial users to turn them into advocates, and continuing to refine your core product. Leverage G2 as part of a holistic strategy, not as the sole focus. Just my 2 cents based on what I've seen work for other SaaS launches. Wishing you huge success with the Pusaqa launch! 🚀
    Evan Christopher
    @ezraquentinwolfe i see, thanks for sharing your thoughts, Ezra. My concern is, could it be backfire to our company?... cus what we launch is still on 'MVP' level right... and that might leave users to drop negative comments since it still does not meet their needs and requirements (yet), and it'll affect our long-term image. Still, feel free to tackle my concerns! Would love to hear it from your side.