• Subscribe
  • Should I Repost or Revive My Post? ๐Ÿš€

Futuristica Doo
    6 replies
    Hey Product Hunt community! A couple of days ago, I posted asking for feedback on my new product, but it seems like a lot of us were hit by those pesky discussion errors. As a result, my post got buried in the depths of the forum, and now itโ€™s pretty much invisible. ๐Ÿ˜… So, Iโ€™m wondering โ€“ should I create a new post to get it back on everyoneโ€™s radar, or is there a better way to revive my original one? I donโ€™t want to spam or annoy anyone, but Iโ€™m really eager to get some input and improve the product. Any advice from the experienced folks here would be super appreciated! ๐Ÿ™Œ Thanks in advance for your help and looking forward to your tips!

Replies

Benjamin Thomas Clark
    It depends - if your post got little traction the first time around, reviving it later could get more eyeballs on it. But if it already had decent engagement, reposting the same thing might annoy people. I'd say revive if it didn't take off initially, otherwise let it be and focus your efforts on new killer content! ๐Ÿš€
    YanXu
    Repost
    Udaya Sri
    I think you can repost.
    Ethan Cole Blackwood
    I wouldn't keep reposting - that seems a bit spammy. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Better to just focus on making an awesome product that people love! ๐Ÿš€ Then it will naturally get more upvotes and traction over time as word spreads. ๐Ÿ’ช You could also try some light promotion on relevant channels to give it a boost. ๐Ÿ“ˆ But overall, quality wins out! ๐Ÿ’Ž
    Zane Ryan
    @ethancoleblackwood You are right, but everyone wants their products to be seen by more people. My idea is to promote it while iterating.
    Ethan Gabriel Fitzgerald
    I've found that reviving an older post works better than reposting the same thing. Tweaking the title, images, or description a bit to improve it and then reviving after a few weeks seems to get better engagement than just reposting the identical content. People prefer to see something fresh vs a straight duplicate post. Hope this helps!