• Subscribe
  • Starting up in markets beyond Tier 1

⚡Shrey Joshi
    8 replies
    In the last 15 years, many consumer problems have been solved, and convenience-first companies have been built. However, most of these startups have focused on building solutions for the top 10% of the income class (income range of 25L+) residing in urban India," writes Anand Daniel, Partner at Accel, in an article on LinkedIn. Sharing his take on how startups should approach building in and for Indian cities beyond Tier 1, he suggests spending time in these markets and understanding the challenges. With the rapid rise in internet and mobile usage, Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities are becoming the new frontiers for startup success. These regions offer immense potential but come with unique challenges. As startups venture into these cities, how can they overcome obstacles, and what role can investors play in this journey? Let’s explore the opportunities together and drive innovation in emerging markets. I’m keen to hear your thoughts!

Replies

Kira Ortega
    I think diving into Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities is a smart move. There’s a lot of untapped potential there!
    Zajin dacos
    Starting up in lesser-explored cities sounds exciting.
    Wilbert Potts
    I think overcoming local challenges will be key. What role do you think investors should play to help startups succeed in these regions?
    Mathews Simons
    I’m curious how startup can effectively tackle the obstacles in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities. Any insights?
    Ceferina Cadieux
    Exploring markets beyond Tier 1 seems promising. I believe understanding local challenges is key to success.
    Ruth Funmilayo
    Absolutely agree with Anand’s point. I’d love to hear more about how startups can better connect with local communities in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities. Any specific strategies you’ve seen work well? Investors could really make a difference by guiding startups through these local nuances.
    Fermin Blocher
    I’m intrigued by the focus on Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities. It makes sense to address the unique needs of these regions. What strategies have worked for you in these markets?
    Kabiru Aliyu
    Local engagement is crucial for success. Investors can aid by providing practical support and insights specific to these emerging markets.