Success with ChatGPT 100% depends on your prompt. What are your prompt hacks?

Jesika Haria
27 replies
Figuring out the best prompt to get ChatGPT is an underrated skill. I feel the most successful people in this Generative AI race will be the ones that figure out how to prompt these LLMs to optimize for the best, most reliable output.

Replies

Stas Kulesh
I train my mad prompting skills using gptriddle.com (to be hunted soon).
My top prompt hacks are: 1. "In the voice / style of..." - to get the output format I want 2. "You must include / do not ignore" - to make sure the model takes the most important part of your prompt into account 3. Engage in back and forth. Shamelessly ask it to refine the output until you are happy!
Yi Duan
"You are a XXX" to speak as XXX
Jacqueline Xu
Yea, half of the battle is in getting the right prompts. Here are my tips: - Be clear and specific about what you're looking for. Provide enough context. Giving examples also helps. - Use simple language. No need to overcomplicate - Ask open-ended questions. ChatGPT will often be able to suggest things you haven't thought about.
Eden
I always get the best results by providing 1-3 examples in the exact format I want like @jacqueline_xu mentioned!
Edgars
I shared this today on my LinkedIn. I hope it helps! Everyone is sharing prompts, but no one is telling you how to structure them for the best outcome. This is how I structure my prompts. 🙃 🔻 Structure 🔻 •Imagine you are [character name] [verb] [format & length] [objective]. •The result must contain relevant [data]. •Write with a [tone of voice] for [audience]. 1. Character Name (e.g. digital nomad) 2. Verb (create) 3. Format & Length (short-length, 5-bullet summary) 4. Objective (showcasing) 5. Data (the most common challenges of traveling and working online) 6. Tone of Voice (inspiration) 7. Audience (young digital nomads) 🔻 Full prompt 🔻 •Imagine you're a digital nomad. •Create a short-length, 5-bullet summary showcasing the most common challenges of traveling and working online. •Write with inspiration for young digital nomads.
Dan Cleary
Totally agree here. We used to really struggle with prompt versioning and collaboration so we built https://prompthub.us/ to help! We've found that wrapping examples in triple quotes helps, and speaking in the affirmative ("speak like this") rather then in the negative ("don't speak like this")
Paul Pamfil
Prompt hacks and cheatsheets created by ChatGPT's developers are valuable tools for maximizing success. They provide tips on structuring prompts, utilizing system messages, and giving specific instructions to guide the model's responses. These resources empower users to optimize their prompts and get accurate, relevant replies.
Dale Castro
Crafting thoughtful and specific prompts is key; consider providing clear context and asking direct questions. Encourage creative conversations with me by phrasing queries openly, and remember I'm here to explore a wide range of topics and ideas with you.
Hazel Lim
Asking it to respond in a table format with specific headings. Then giving the table a NAME. ChatGPT has a max token size. You will notice that after a while it "forgets" what you initially asked. So if you are asking it for ideas of the same theme repeatedly, use a table format. Example: I needed to create a business idea directory for my 500 Juicy AI ideas startup. (https://juicyaiideas.carrd.co). Need them all in the same format. I set up the initial table with ChatGPT and called it Ideas Table. Then, every time I want more ideas I just go back to this chat and say, give me ideas for "X" and put them into the Ideas Table.
Stephanie Ohep
shorten the following text for me: xxxxxxxxx Create XX cold email headlines that have to do with XXX they need to sound interesting and catch the readers attention because we are offering XXX
Janice Cook
The key to achieving optimal and reliable output from generative AI models like ChatGPT lies in mastering the art of crafting effective prompts. Those who excel at this skill will undoubtedly lead the race in the field of Generative AI.
Jane Alexander
crafting precise and well-defined prompts will undoubtedly be a pivotal skill in harnessing the true potential of Generative AI and achieving remarkable results.
Takeshi [ @Bootstraptor ]
I built my last entire SaaS code ArchitectAI with ChatGPT (as own gpt-code challenge), so I have experience a lot , when you are coding with ChatGPT, and gpt has not yet caught Alzheimer's (loses context because there is no built-in memory yet) by the time of your new question - you can specify how something - "look above information" .. or something like "related to above ... .. your question ... " and also the gpt quite often hallucinates and invents data then the phrase will help you - "check yourself ... " or copy-paste the chat answer again with questions "is this correct?" ...
Sarvpriy Arya
I asked this to bard and here is the answer Ask me specific questions: The more specific your questions are, the better I can help you. Provide me with examples: If you can provide me with examples of websites that you like, I can use them to help you design your own website. Be patient: I am still under development, but I am learning new things every day. If I don't understand your question or I can't help you, please be patient and I will do my best to improve.
Anna Shults
- i write prompts only in English - I always add 'act like a...' when I give a task - I try to include as much details as I can
sumit sharma
Personification has worked great for me - Assume that you are an "business analyst" working for a "startup", help me solve the query.
Alex Nix
Look at mine: "Your task is to analyze the provided PH page and find new discussions with a maximum of 5 upvotes, analyze their topic, provide the best that match my interests, and create comments for each. I am interested in launching my AI-powered application on this platform, my interests are AI, ML, Digital Marketing and Automation, Startup Launch, and Promotion. https://www.producthunt.com/disc... "
Alex Nix
Also share the Prompt Generator Prompt with you! Must have!! " Your job is to generate system prompts for GPT-4. The prompts you will be generating will be for freeform tasks, such as generating a landing page headline, an intro paragraph, solving a math problem, etc… In your generated prompt, you should describe how the AI should behave in plain English. Include what it will see, and what it's allowed to output. Be creative with prompts to get the best possible results. The AI knows it's an AI -- you don't need to tell it this. Most importantly, output NOTHING but the prompt. Do not include anything else in your message. I’ll provide information in the next message. "
Matteo Mirabelli
Mastering the art of prompting is like having a secret key to unlock ChatGPT's full potential. One thing we've observed at Knowlee is that specificity is key. Instead of vague queries, being precise and detailing the context can make a world of difference. For instance, rather than saying 'tell me about AI', guiding the prompt like 'explain the benefits of AI in modern marketing strategies' yields more focused results. It's all about leading the conversation! And as we integrate AI assistants like Knowlee into our daily tasks, refining our prompt game will be super crucial.