• Subscribe
  • The bloodiest 🩸🩸🩸 conflict: You vs. Your Beliefs

To paraphrase Tolstoy: "Happy brands are all alike; every unhappy brand is unhappy in its own way." I used to believe: I had to be a jack-of-all-trades to succeed. Spoiler alert: It messed up my brand. Instead, do one thing, but do it right. Once I embraced this, everything clicked. Perfection was non-negotiable. It ain't tho. Authenticity >>> perfection. Sharing my failures turned out to be a goldmine for building trust. Self-promotion is ridiculous. I thought being humble meant staying silent. It turns out that people need to hear about your wins to trust you. My audience wanted polished content only. Surprise mf: They love behind-the-scenes glimpses and raw moments. It makes you human, relatable, and authentic. Confronting those beliefs? Totally transformative. My #1 lesson: Doubt yourself and your beliefs. Question everything you do. Keep your head down. And work. 🟑 Like this? Repost it to your network; your followers are gonna love it! The algo's an enigma; you probably won't see this account again, so don't forget to follow me @ Adrian M. Peticila 🟑 for daily branding lore.

Replies

Shelli Dickinson
    Always I belived that sharing every little detail of my journey was unprofessional. It turns out that being open and showing behind the scenes moments really helped me connect better with my audience.
    Adrian M. Peticila 🟑
    @shelli_dickinson - "unprofessional" it might be, but it's oh so human. And "human" beats "professional" any day.
    Fermin Blocher
    Wow, this really hit home for me. I’ve always struggled with the idea that I need to be great at everything. It’s refreshing to hear that focusing on one thing and being authentic is actually the way to go.
    Adrian M. Peticila 🟑
    @fermin_blocher - it's a battle that's lost from the start - there will always be someone better, faster, smarter....but there won't be anybody that's more YOU than you
    amelia rose
    It’s amazing how questioning our own beliefs can lead to breakthroughs. I’ve been stuck in the perfection trap too, and reading this made me realize that embracing authenticity and sharing real experiences can make a huge difference
    Felicia Singleton
    I can totally relate to this. I used to think being perfect was key to building trust, but once I started sharing my real, imperfect journey, I found that authenticity truly resonates more with people
    Misti Hassig
    I struggled with the idea that I had to constantly self promote to succeed. But I found that being genuine and letting my work speak for itself was far more effective.
    Adrian M. Peticila 🟑
    @misti_hassig - that's the best kept secret of the industry, indeed
    Isabella Rose Wilson
    So true! It's a constant internal battle. I think a lot of it comes down to being real with yourself about what you actually believe vs what you think you 'should' believe based on external influences. Stay true to your authentic self even if it goes against the grain sometimes. Definitely not easy but worth the fight! πŸ’ͺ