• Subscribe
  • The most loved and hated social media apps

Recently I came across some reports and found apps that are loved/hated according to particular countries. If you are in marketing, you may find it helpful: ❀️ Loved ones are: 1. TikTok 2. Threads 3. Facebook 4. Instagram 5. Likee I also observe most hated not only by countries but also by generations. I wrote the whole newsletter article about it (see comments). πŸ‘€ Which App do you like the most and which do you dislike? I like Twitter (or LI) and totally misunderstood BeReal :D

Replies

Geeta Thakur
    Love: Tiktok Hate: Likee
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @geeta_thakuryy TBH, have never tried Likee. What is wrong with that?
    The list of most loved/hated social media apps. https://businessandmarketing.sub... Will be thankful for subscribing to my newsletter. πŸ™ŒπŸ™‚
    Bratislava VeličkoviΔ‡
    Loved your newsletter! As for my 2 cents, I used to be a Twitter gal back when it was still called that, but I'd say YouTube is my favorite now. The one that just isn't my cup of tea is TikTok. πŸ™ˆ
    @bratislava_velickovic Thank you so much! :) I am trying to be more visible on YT as I consider it to be.. like it has potential from all of those platforms :D
    Nathan Covey
    Wow. Suprised to see TikTok at the top. I'd expect it to be YouTube
    @nathancovey I think it is because YT is classified as app for media/entertainment (rather than social media). But it is definitely huge. :)
    Sirina D
    I like Instagram very much 😍
    @sinadyy what's your handle? :)
    Maxwell Bennett Crawford
    TikTok is definitely the most loved and hated social app right now. Teens are obsessed but parents are freaked out about the privacy issues and addictive nature. Instagram is losing its cool factor with Gen Z. Twitter is a total dumpster fire since the Musk takeover. Facebook is for Boomers at this point. LinkedIn is still going strong for B2B marketing and recruiting though. And of course, everyone still sliding into those DMs πŸ˜‰
    @maxwellbennettcrawford do you have any favourite app from social media? :)
    Benson Gao
    I prefer Twitter over Reddit because Reddit is not very user-friendly for new users trying to post
    @bensongao what did you try to post? I lately have seen many people succeeding on Reddit .
    Christopher James Turner
    TikTok is definitely the most loved by Gen Z. It's so addicting and the algorithm is crazy good at showing you content you like. But Facebook seems to be the most hated these days, especially by younger people. It's seen as outdated and full of misinformation.
    Isis Clemente
    Insta is love and I don't like twitter
    @isis_clemente Why Twitter is so hated? Because of Musk? Wouldn't be enough to not follow him?