• Subscribe
  • Tool for reducing money transfers in traveling

Denis Kartavenko
    8 replies
    Hi! We with my colleague are working on tool that helps to reduce money transfers between friends in a trip or at the party. Like SplitWise but more lightweight and for now it is simple Telegram Bot, maybe it will be helpful for community. Wants to get any feedback Link: all-easy.github.io/bot

Replies

Verdi Kapuku
    I find that specialized apps or tools just adds friction to the experience. Just texting back and forth + money transfers + tracking receipts is good enough. Otherwise I find myself just being a debt collector through whatever app we agreed to use.
    Denis Kartavenko
    @frenchmajesty agree, but when you travel with 6-10 friends and each of them have income in different currencies, it is really helpful to use this bot in your travel group chat where you can send message via bot to record any expense
    Denis Kartavenko
    @frenchmajesty This tool is exactly you described > Just texting back. Main goal is to reduce superfluous money transfers during trip. Today you pay for your friends and tomorrow they will pay. Expenses collapse. That’s main function of this chat bot
    Verdi Kapuku
    @dennykort I meant native texting. On iMessage or WhatsApp. What I’m saying is as someone who has tried multiple things, the thing that’s worked the best is to ask my friends what they owe directly and then Cashapp / Venmo / Zelle each other what we owe. While I appreciate your innovative mindset, I don’t think this is a problem the average person REALLY struggles to solve. It’s easy enough to accomplish today through means the layperson is already familiar with
    Denis Kartavenko
    @frenchmajesty And maybe people don’t exactly understand what it is actually, so I need to explain more carefully why this tool really helps
    Verdi Kapuku
    @dennykort Ah okay. It would be important to specify that you're targeting cross-country groups of travelers. You might get good feedback on nomad-focused social groups
    Micheal
    You can use Splitwise to share travel expenses with your friends easily. It's a handy tool for tracking who owes what during your trip! Happy travels! 🚀
    Denis Kartavenko
    @al_italian Yes, I know about Splitwise and other app, but they seem to be complicated with a lot of functions are not necessary. Also you need to install additional app and expenses management not obvious. Thant’s why we decided to make this lightweight text tool :)