Waitlists: A Pre-launch Game Changer or Just Hype? πŸ€”

Arda SanΔ±l Onay
27 replies
Do you think creating a waitlist is an important opportunity to reach your audience or does it just create hype for your upcoming product?

Replies

Prasad Pilla
I think Waitlists are quite useful to create excitement and increase awareness before launch.
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@prasad_pilla Hi Prasad πŸ‘‹πŸ» I'm sorry for my late reply. I agree with you. In this way, products have the opportunity to reach wider audiences. 😎 Thank you for your participation! πŸ€“
Hey Arda βœ‹ Much like the build-up in stand-up comedy before delivering the punchline, brands must cultivate anticipation through waitlists before unveiling their masterpieces FOR INSTANCE 🀩 Stay tuned for Contentrain 2.0's launch with these amazing features coming soon! 🌟 Join the waitlist today! https://contentrain.io/?utm_sour...
Oliver Thomes
Yes it is a better way
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@armghan_khan Hi Armghan! πŸ‘‹πŸ» I am pleasured to be on the same page with you. 🀩 Thanks for participating
Devluc
"Just hype" is good :))) Yes I think they're a game changer. Shor question. Are waitlists only based on email addresses gathered from interested folks. Or there are more components to a waitlist?
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@luciantartea First of all, I'm sorry for my late response, and thank you for participating in this discussion 😊 I think it's up to the situation and expectations. In this case, in my opinion, you should generate a priority list, and then by using that list generate a waitlist flow belongs to that list. πŸ€“ I hope the answer meets your expectations.😊
Jake Harrison
I think it is very good way to test your product market fit
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@jakeharr Firstly, I'm sorry for my late response. Yes! I agree actually. And this is a different perspective to waitlists. 🀩 Thanks for participating!
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Its so old its almost back in fashion 😏
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@sentry_co Hi Andre, πŸ‘‹πŸ» Firstly, I'm sorry for my late response. This is a different viewpoint on the topic. And that's why we are all here. See different perspectives on the same topic.πŸ€“ Thanks for sharing your insights with me and the community!
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@ardasanilonay Also different product different strategies. No one size fits all. For us, waitlist didn't work. But beta launch worked beyond expectations.
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@sentry_co Sometimes some solutions cannot solve your problem. I think that's a situation like that. But kind of this situation, creating a different solution for the case is the most important thing.
Prem Saini
It is for sure a game changer for me atleast. Waitlist gives me a little boost of confidence that people know about my product and I can rely on for support. Do join our waitlist :) https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@prem_saini1 Hi πŸ‘‹πŸ» First of all, I'm sorry for my late response. It's great to be on the same page with you. I agree. 🀩 Also, I'll follow your waitlist with pleasure. I wish all the best to you and Zixflow in the launch.πŸš€
Judith Amarachi πŸ’™
Waitlists are game-changers.
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@judith_amarachi_ At first, I'm sorry for my late reply. I agree with you. It creates different and important opportunities. πŸ€“
Brian Hurst
Waitlists are super helpful! If someone is interested in your product before it's ready, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot by letting them slip away! Grab their info, hype your product up, and chances are they'll be rearing to try your product once you launch. We've got a waitlist set up for the upcoming launch of mDash, our AI-powered project management tool built for web development. Our waitlist is on our launch page getmdash.com, which we've been directing people to. We've gotten a decent number of sign ups thus far, and I believe it will greatly improve the quality and hype around our launch versus if we had not made one.
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@brianhurst Hi Brian, πŸ‘‹πŸ» You're spot on! As you said, waitlists are a smart move to keep potential users engaged and excited. 🀩 Good luck with mDash! πŸš€πŸ‘
Relja Denic
It's better to make it. It's an awesome way to push customers to follow your brand at that moment and get more connected.
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@relja_denic Hi ReljaπŸ‘‹πŸ» I'm sorry to my late response I'm on the same page with you. Thank you for participating the discussion! 🀩
Rami - Browsingbuddies.com
I think it is a good thing to do. Let's say if you're planning to launch in a month or so then it makes sense for a marketing person to go around and build hype for their product if it is a B2B product that can benefit other Product Hunter users. Most of the apps that are launched on here are not for other app founders on here but the market reach is still beneficial.
Arda SanΔ±l Onay
@kingromstar First of all, I'm so sorry for my late reply. Absolutely! Building hype for your B2B product on Product Hunt, even if it's not just for app founders, can still lead to a valuable market reach. Good thinking! πŸ˜ŠπŸš€
Daniel Futerman
We've opted for a two fold approach - 1. Waiting list: inviting designers to signup to be the first to access the tool. This is to help gauge interest, and build anticipation and excitement towards the launch. We've also created a teaser video to go alongside this phase. 2. Referral program: allowing user to invite other users to signup and gain extra credits in our tool (aka dropbox style). This will go live alongside the product launch, and the goal is to create another 'boost' element once we're live. Excited to see how it goes.. happy to follow back here and share our learnings!