• Subscribe
  • Weekend - free time or work at least a few hours?

Patryk Pijanowski
    17 replies
    I am curious about your opinions. Do you work all week? Is the weekend sacred and you totally cut off from work then?

Replies

Brad
    I used to work on weekends but now I don't. So it's free time on weekend now.
    Patryk Pijanowski
    @bradfuss What made you change your approach? The company grew and I didn't have to spend so much time on it anymore or something else?
    Karthik M S N
    I used to work whole weekends when I was a young founder. Now I believe in cutting off and having a family time, so that you come back afresh. It still doesn't mean that you completely cut-off because you keep getting customer issues or want to do some strategic thinking. Strategic timeouts once a quarter are also good.
    Patryk Pijanowski
    @msnkarthik It is true, I currently just as a young Founder work practically all the time :D However, once in a while I need to cut off and rest (once a month/two).
    Marina K
    Generated Photos
    Generated Photos
    I try to keep weekends free from any work to recharge and spend time far from laptop. The difference between this approach and the "working weekend" one is easily noticeable on Monday ๐Ÿ™‚ However, I am saying that while still building my products and not sure if that changes when I launch ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    Patryk Pijanowski
    @marizombie I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't change and that you'll be able to reconcile everything!
    Mileva
    On weekends, I want to focus on myself and explore new places๐Ÿ˜.
    Patryk Pijanowski
    @pari_pushpakar Oh yea! Traveling is great! Maybe you can also recommend something for a romantic getaway with your girlfriend to get away from work :D ?
    Yatheen Brahma
    I do work for few hours over the weekend as well, because being a maker is not an easy job and there are constant things that require your attention.
    Anu
    YourGPT
    YourGPT
    Launching soon!
    I prefer to keep my weekends as free time to relax and recharge.
    murph
    I don't like to force the weekend work, but if I'm pulled by curiosity into a problem then it I lean into that energy.
    Patryk Pijanowski
    @duffdevone Interesting approach - that is, you only solve the current and most important/urgent problems?
    murph
    @patpijanowski yeah I think that often ends up being the case. Though maybe puzzle would've been a better word than problem, because really it's usually less about putting out a fire, and more about being drawn into something more generative. An idea I have, or something I get curious about learning. I can't stop thinking about it so I might as well scratch the itch.
    Antonina Kotlarz
    free time! Good to find peace for a moment