• Subscribe
  • what are the best hosting methods to scale your applications from MVP to a high-traffic solution?

Saheer Khan
    16 replies
    My suggestions: 🔹 Static Site and Serverless Hosting (e.g., Vercel): Perfect for lightning-fast deployments of static sites and serverless functions. Ideal for rapid prototyping and frontend-heavy projects. 🔹 Virtual Machines (VM) (e.g., AWS EC2, Google Cloud Compute Engine): Provides dedicated virtualized environments. Great for applications needing more control and customization, like legacy systems or complex setups. 🔹 Docker and Kubernetes (e.g., AWS EKS, Google Kubernetes Engine): Containerization and orchestration for scalable, consistent deployments. Perfect for microservices architectures and cloud-native applications. Docker for packaging, Kubernetes for orchestration. 🔹 Decentralized Hosting (e.g., Akash Network): Embrace decentralization with peer-to-peer networks or blockchain-based solutions. Ideal for applications needing high resilience and censorship resistance. 🚀 Each method offers unique advantages tailored to different project needs and technical expertise. Whether you're starting small or scaling globally, choosing the right hosting solution can transform your development journey. What's your preferred hosting method and why?

Replies

Robert Smith
    I’ve had good experiences with decentralized hosting.
    Saheer Khan
    @smith_ro That's awesome! Decentralized hosting offers some unique advantages, especially in terms of resilience and censorship resistance. It’s exciting to see how it can empower applications in a more distributed way. Which decentralized platforms have you found most effective for your needs?
    Gurkaran Singh
    When it comes to scaling apps, I'm all about that Docker and Kubernetes duo - like PB&J for cloud deployments! What's your go-to hosting method for leveling up your applications?
    Saheer Khan
    @thestarkster Absolutely! Docker and Kubernetes truly are the perfect pair for scalable, reliable deployments. The containerization and orchestration capabilities make managing complex applications a breeze. Personally, I love using AWS EKS for its seamless scalability and robust ecosystem. For initial trials and rapid development, I recommend starting with serverless options. What challenges have you faced, and how did you overcome them with Docker and Kubernetes?
    Peter Nick
    I prefer using Vercel for hosting. It's super quick for deploying static sites and serverless functions.
    Saheer Khan
    @peter_nick That's awesome! Vercel is indeed fantastic for quick and efficient deployments of static sites and serverless functions. Its ease of use and speed make it ideal for rapid development and prototyping. Have you found any unique advantages or features with Vercel that you particularly enjoy? Also, you might want to check out Coolify, an open-source alternative that's cost-effective and offers great features!
    elsa_jonathan
    For me, AWS EC2 is the way to go. It gives me a lot of control and is great for more complex setups.
    Saheer Khan
    @elsa_jonathan78 That's a solid choice! AWS EC2 is indeed powerful for those needing more control and customization, especially for complex setups. Its flexibility and range of options make it a favorite for many developers. Have you integrated any specific tools or services with EC2 that have enhanced your experience?
    Ben D
    Vercel has been great for my frontend projects.
    Lois Roberson
    I usually go with AWS EC2 for more control over the environment.
    Saheer Khan
    @lois_roberson That's a solid choice! AWS EC2 definitely provides a high level of control over your environment, which is great for tailoring solutions to specific needs. Its flexibility is a huge advantage for complex applications. Have you found any particular configurations or features that enhance your setup?
    Nick Frost
    AWS EKS with Docker is my go-to for containerization and orchestration
    Saheer Khan
    @nick_frost2 That's a fantastic choice! AWS EKS paired with Docker is a powerful combination for containerization and orchestration. It simplifies managing Kubernetes clusters while leveraging Docker's capabilities. Have you experienced any specific benefits or best practices while using EKS for your projects?
    Antonio Di Pinto
    Standalone VM from Hetzner, Linode or similars. My logic is pretty simple, invest in learn how to deploy and manage a server (is cheaper than you think) and you'll know how to take advantage of a $5 vps and buy when you need it, without relying on a specific provider
    Saheer Khan
    @antoniodipinto That's a smart approach! Using standalone VMs from providers like Hetzner or Linode gives you valuable hands-on experience with server management. Learning to deploy and manage your own server is a great investment, especially as it equips you with the skills to utilize affordable VPS options effectively. Have you found any particular tools or practices that help streamline your management process?
    Antonio Di Pinto
    @saheer_sk Let me give you an example, during the years I've created a bash script to setup a new vm with what is needed for my stack in just 5 mins. You can find resources online to do this, especially if you look for alternatives to AWS or any other Cloud wrapper. I like this approach because gives me the opportunity to switch providers based on my needs so if I don't like Hetzner anymore, or maybe a need a server in Miami, I can just use the same script, on any ubuntu server repo and done. You just need to invest some time to understand what you need and how you need it. Contact me if you want