• Subscribe
  • What are the best ways to gather user feedback for a new product?

Leo Paz
    23 replies
    I know analytics tools are great (mixpanel, posthog) but would be interested to know if theres any secret features or methods of these tools that go a long way!

Replies

Kostya Bolshukhin
    Still the best way is ask them personally whats up, why they use or don’t use your product I regularly get smth like - i opened, didn’t get how X works, closed and never use again And until I ask to show me what they try to do with the product I often get no idea what the problem is
    Leo Paz
    @kostyabolsh Nothing beats having 1 on 1 conversations imo.
    Naomi | Beeyond AI
    If it's user analytics, I can also very much recommend Posthog. It's very powerful and affordable too. For user feedback, as in what users think about your product, I think Product Hunt is a good platform for that. You can launch here and see what the PH community thinks about your product. All the best!
    Leo Paz
    @naomigarcia Thanks Naomi! Really thinking about joining the Posthog wave. Would be great to connect on linked or twitter if you have them. https://x.com/LeosReal
    One effective way to gather valuable feedback for a new product is by hosting virtual focus groups with potential users. This involves bringing together a small group of individuals to engage in a live discussion about the product, allowing for immediate feedback and insights. By creating a collaborative and interactive environment, you can capture authentic reactions and ideas that may not surface through traditional feedback channels. This approach not only fosters a sense of community among participants but also provides a platform for open and unfiltered communication. We are building a marketing AI called Contentify AI. It's free and easy to setup. Check it out on my profile.
    Leo Paz
    @solyou I haven't given this method enough credit. It's also great as it allows all stakeholders to get a point of view that they made not have thought of.
    @leopaz8 Interesting point. Thanks for sharing and the discussion.
    Thomas Harper
    I find that setting up feedback forms on the product's website works well
    Leo Paz
    @jharkhandi_choraya In the actual web app experience on somewhere in marketing copy?
    Sadam Ansari
    I recommend creating a beta testing group to get detailed feedback before the full launch
    Munna Baskey
    I host focus groups to get in-depth opinions and suggestions from user
    Mukesh Kumar
    I use in-app feedback tools to collect user opinions directly within the product
    Leo Paz
    @mukesh_kumar_das I like this but still find a lot of users won't give feedback but just churn
    Uttam Kumar
    I often send follow-up emails to users asking for their thoughts.
    Arthur Leo
    I organize user testing sessions to observe how people interact with the product
    Leo Paz
    @chanu_munni how do you set up a session?
    Dipmala Kumari
    I set up a dedicated forum where users can discuss and provide feedback.
    Leo Paz
    @dipmala_kumari something like a slack or discord group works so well.
    Faijan Ansari
    I use analytics to track user behavior and identify areas for iimprovement
    Uttam Kumar B
    I ask for feedback during customer support interaction
    Jayesh Gohel
    Hey @leopaz8 The best ways to gather user feedback for a new product are: Surveys: Ask users questions about their experience with your product. Interviews: Talk one-on-one with users to get detailed thoughts. Focus groups: Bring a small group of users together to discuss the product. User testing: Watch people try out your product and note their reactions. Analytics: Look at data on how people use your product. Social media: Check what people are saying about your product online. Customer support: Pay attention to the problems users report. Reviews: Read what users write about your product on websites or app stores. Feedback forms: Give users an easy way to share their thoughts on your website or app. Beta testing: Let a small group try your product before it's fully released.
    Jessica Young
    Analytics are key but don't forget about good old user testing! Get real people using your product and observe their behavior, ask for their honest feedback. Combine quant data from analytics with qual insights from user sessions. Also, quick in-app surveys can help gather targeted feedback from users in the moment.