• Subscribe
  • What are the biggest challenges of working remotely, and how can you overcome them?

Neha
    16 replies

Replies

Jade Grimwood
    I think our biggest challenge is the loss of "learning by osmosis". When in-person we have so many opportunities to absorb context. Overhearing a convo, a chat in the kitchen at the coffee maker, sitting next to someone and having a chat, walking to and from meeting rooms (the meeting post the meeting). Being remote makes those "context sharing" moments especially difficult.
    Pawan Kumar
    NonCoders
    Launching soon!
    Working remotely can present challenges such as communication barriers, feeling isolated, and managing distractions. Overcoming these involves using effective communication tools, setting a structured daily routine, and creating a dedicated workspace. Staying connected through regular video calls and team meetings also helps maintain collaboration and team spirit.
    Neha
    YourGPT
    YourGPT
    Launching soon!
    @prepawan Absolutely Pawan A dedicated workspace and structured routine are important everywhere I think you work remotely or from office.
    Xena.Tong
    The biggest challenge is... my bed! It's just too comfortable, so I often end up lying down while working. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ›Œ
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    Taking time to rest is hard if you are a remote workaholic. I am not sure yet how to overcome them, will update post when I find out!
    Lenny Jean
    Procrastination. And I am still struggling over it.
    M Sulaiman
    Biggest challenges of working remotely include maintaining work-life balance, communication gaps, and staying motivated. Overcome them by setting clear boundaries, using effective communication tools, and establishing a routine. By the way, check out SEOProโ€™s launch on Product Huntโ€”itโ€™s a game-changer!
    Star
    The challenges of working remotely include staying focused, strengthening communication, feeling secluded, and managing work-life equilibrium. I try to Overcome these by setting up a committed workspace, using contact tools, organizing regular check-ins, and setting clear limitations for work and personal time.
    Annie Engelhardth
    Remote work is great, but staying motivated can be tough.
    Gabriel Silas
    Remote work is great, but staying focused is hard
    Mitchell Benn
    I struggle with distractions when working remotely. I set up a workspace and stick to a schedule to stay focused.
    Susan R. Pruitt
    Managing time can be tricky without a clear structure. Using a schedule and setting specific work hours can help keep things organized and productive.
    Kevin Not-A-Robot
    Everyone is spot on with their recos. Having worked remotely for 3 years and leading a team of roughly 40 people, quick "stand-ups" helped keep us communicating and held us accountable for deliverables. Every other Friday late afternoon, we held a big team meeting, where we hung out and talked about anything and everything that wasn't about work. It helped to keep us motivated.
    Valorie Jones
    Conversa - Videos That Talk back
    Conversa - Videos That Talk back
    I think the biggest challenges is promoting mentorship - providing enough support to new employees. In person, they can get little micro-doses of encouragement and advice, and can see how their colleagues work together. Working remotely you need to proactive in scheduling regular check-ins and really work hard to build that open communication and trust. More experienced employees might enjoy the freedom and flexibility that comes with remote work, but the that same freedom and lack of community can be suffocating for more junior staff.
    Madiha Eman
    The biggest challenge for me too is to fight against distractions.
    Chris Anderson
    The biggest challenges of working remotely include maintaining productivity, combating isolation, and managing work-life balance. To overcome these, establish a dedicated workspace, set a consistent schedule, stay connected with colleagues through regular communication, and take breaks to avoid burnout. I also specialize in SEO on Fiverr to boost your online presence. Check out my gigs for more, and feel free to recommend me to others!