• Subscribe
  • What are the criteria to appear in "Top product launching today"

Matt El Mouktafi
    4 replies
    As PH is hiding the votes for the first few hours, I would have thought, for fairness, there would be some kind of rotation so users can discover all products on the home page on the morning before we have the upvote counts. But it seems like only some products are promoted from the start of the day. Do you know how PH is choosing which product to promote each day ?

Replies

Jason Jackson
    Getting featured as a 'Top product' on PH def boosts visibility. Focus on having a stellar landing page, clear value prop, and early user feedback/engagement to improve your odds. Grinding on those pre-launch essentials is key. Wishing you a dope launch!
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @lpo_mkj Thanks for the answer, for this launch we focused on the product more than the marketing around. I'll try to do a better pre-launch work for the next one. I'm still happy with the result and feedback we got this time even if the visibility was not great 🙂
    Luo Baishun
    To appear in "Top product launching today", your product must be selected by the Product Hunt team. With hundreds of new products submitted daily, only a few make it to the homepage. To increase your chances, ensure your product follows the official guidelines: https://help.producthunt.com/en/... Make sure your product complies with the requirements, and reach out to their customer service if necessary. Best of luck with your launch!
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @luobaishun Thanks for the link, I've missed this article. It's really insightful. So basically features launch are manually selected by the PH team. I think it's a shame there's not a better rotation between all products that matches the criteria but at least it explains what we've noticed. I was wondering why we didn't appeared even when we got ~20 more upvotes and comments than some of the featured products I hope we will manage to get featured with our next launch, I feel like our launch was a success (by our criteria) but mostly reached our existing community rather than showing our product to potential new users Thanks again for the explanation 🙂