• Subscribe
  • What are your views on AI Coding Tools?

Rohan Gupta
    6 replies
    I wrote an overview to the AI Coding Tools market recently - https://twitter.com/synaptic_data/status/1661707788266143744?s=20 Would love to know from the community what the most exciting use cases and tools are.

Replies

JK
    Hey Rohan! I don't have much experience with these tools, but there are a few that I have used to generate HTML code and SEO codes for my website. The first one is"Chat with WriteMe " which was a great option that helped me a lot. I simply gave it my commands, and it generated the code for me. The best part is that it was free. The second one I used was "SourceAi ".
    Vivek Garg
    At present, as per my opinion it is great and at its peek. It also helps me a lot in DevOps course online. But this may affect the future of programmer. Kind Regards Vivek Garg
    Shan Kulkarni
    I observed a very contentious debate between two founders recently, one of which was not happy one of their interns was using ChatGPT to write their code. Their issue was with the quality/correctness of the code being produced, but I think this missed the point - if your CI/CD and testing capabilities are mature enough, code that isn't up to scratch simply won't pass tests to get merged in - so what difference does it make who/what wrote the code? I like to think of AI-assisted coding tools in a similar way to Amazon's idea of "undifferentiated heavy lifting" they use to explain AWS. Very powerful for saving dev hours!
    Frank Apap
    BarGPT AI-Powered Bartender
    BarGPT AI-Powered Bartender
    I find it really helpful for certain things (like generating DB queries) but less helpful in other areas (like designing layouts). That said, if you think about the fact that each day they will get better its pretty clear they will have a big impact n the future of development.
    John Carmichael
    Not a huge fan, they don't create good quality code... when they do you have to input so much context that is quicker to just write it yourself.