• Subscribe
  • What common mistakes should new makers avoid when launching on Product Hunt?

Abdul Rehman
    17 replies

Replies

Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    Not having a preparation strategy
    James Anderson
    New makers should avoid overhyping their product, neglecting community engagement, and not having a clear value proposition.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I have one on top. I often see contributing to discussions promoting their products in comments (that very unpleasant way). It has nothing to do with discussions, they only post prepared text and do CTRL+C CTRL+V... 100 same comments promoting the launch or service.
    Moncef Aguejdad
    i would say lack of interaction with the community
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    I once launched a product without actively participating in the community. I missed valuable opportunities to build relationships and generate buzz. By not engaging with comments and feedback, the launch lacked the momentum and support that community involvement could have provided. For future launches, I ensure to interact with users, address their questions, and show appreciation for their support.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    You need to build the hype prior to launch. That is crucial!
    Lorenz Sell
    @vaibhavdwivedi how do you do that?
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @lorenzsell Talking about it here, on forums, social media. Reaching out to beta users or potential customers.
    Allan
    Aiswers.com
    Aiswers.com
    After launching my first product, I realized that build up connection with PH users is the first priority. It is very important to have a base upvote from start.
    Christian Nesi
    Can anyone provide any insight into "Not preparing a strong launch plan"? What does a sucessful launch plan look like?
    Zulma Cink
    I see a lot of new makers not having a clear value proposition. It’s crucial to clearly explain what makes your product unique and why users should care.
    Ijeoma Florence
    Not having a solid launch plan is common. It’s important to build anticipation before your launch and have a strategy for promoting your product on launch day.
    Nancy Philip
    Don’t ignore the Product Hunt community. Engaging with people and responding to comments can really boost your visibility and support
    Richa Chordia
    Well, this discussion will be so very helpful to us as we are launching Soshals for the first time https://www.producthunt.com/products/soshals . We have been trying to juggle amongst all the pointers that you've mentioned but I personally feel launch plan covers all the other pointers. Having it in position internally within the team is very important and a non-negotiable.
    Paul Mbetobong
    New makers should avoid launching without a solid plan. Preparation and strategy are crucial for a successful launch.
    Chioma Nzomiwu
    Engaging with the community before and during the launch is important. Ignoring community interaction can hinder visibility and support.
    Shameka Fabros
    Promoting the launch in advance helps build anticipation. Failing to generate buzz beforehand can result in a less impactful launch.