• Subscribe
  • What do you expect from a file transfer service?

ahmet narin
    7 replies
    You need to share a large file but don't want to sign up for a service or pay a fee. Instead of using storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive, what do you expect from file transfer services? Speed? Ease of use? Security? You can consider services like WeTransfer or SendGB as examples. For instance, if you need to send a 200 GB file in one go and are racing against time, what are your expectations for a solution in this scenario?

Replies

Samuel Parker
    Most important for me is security - end-to-end encryption, secure cloud storage, password protection, etc. Fast speeds definitely a close second though! Any good services out there that really nail both?
    Shiva Tejasvi
    Probably the priority would be speed
    Paweł Puchalski
    You asked a leading question "and are racing against time". Of course, I would prioritize speed in this scenario. But abstracting from that case. I would say "ease of use". For example: I can upload a file and receive a download link that will be available X days and I can set that either it can be downloaded once or anyone who has the link. I would focus on how many steps I need to do to send the file. Can I just drop down and get a link that I can send to someone? With free services (not paying fee nor signing up) I never would send anything sensitive so from a Security standpoint anything basic would be sufficient. The same goes for speed. If it's for free I wouldn't hope it will be super fast.
    aliza beth
    Speed is my top priority! I want the transfer to be quick esepcially for large files, without any delays or hiccups.
    Ayaz Akram
    Ease of use is key for me. I don’t want to sign up or go through a complicated process just upload and send.
    Jackson Oscar
    Security is crucial. I need to know my files are protected especially when sharing sensitive information.
    Robbie Glenn
    A friendly interface is a must. I don’t want to struggle figuring out how to send a file quickly.