• Subscribe
  • What do you like the least of the Startup life?

Nico Spijker
    18 replies

Replies

André J
    That you never reallllly know if you're on the right track to your destination. That's also what's exciting. Its about the journey not the end 😸
    Nico Spijker
    @sentry_co Got to be able to live with that uncertainty but there is truly a certain beauty in it! Cheers to the journey, the learnings and all the amazing people we meet along the way. 🥂
    Arz
    Meetings that could’ve been a text 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Annie Chopra
    @arzmn god this!! I have seen certain early founders who do hours long meetings DAILY and I am like oh no the productivity this is effecting is crazy
    Nico Spijker
    @arzmn @annie_chopra Had a friend with the WHOLE team daily standup (20+ people) of 30 minutes followed by a daily with her manager that was also 30 minutes. Talk about wasting hours... 😅 PS: Love how at least we have evolved from meetings that could be an email to meetings that could be a text. At least our alternative communication channels are a bit more efficient. lol
    Annie Chopra
    Probably the amount of people that think to give us advice when they don’t run a business themselves 😂 for some reason everyone has an opinion on how you should run your business 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Nico Spijker
    @annie_chopra Way too many "consultants" with 0 hands on experience. ☠️ Common to get flooded with opinions, always good to take it with a pinch of salt. Feedback is crucial don't get me wrong, but business decisions shouldn't be made on N=1 opinion lol.
    Barry Zheng
    GPTBLOX-ChatGPT Save Data
    GPTBLOX-ChatGPT Save Data
    Work-life balance. It's so easy to get consumed in the startup grind, often leading to burnout. Finding the balance between pushing your startup forward and taking time for personal well-being is a challenge. Anyone got tips to strike the right balance?
    Nico Spijker
    @barryzheng568 Great ideas often come when you take a few steps away from your startup as well. My reccos: - Mute and night mode phone configurations are your friends - Book activities (dinners, meeting with friends, sport events) in advance !And don't cancel them! - Remember the you lead by example. You inadvertently build a culture of no rest when you don't take any time off yourself either
    Daniel Zaitzow
    Always feeling like there is more to be done but not having a rulebook for getting it across the line. I work much better in a structured ecosystem but some of the startup upsides are too high to ignore haha.
    Nico Spijker
    @dzaitzow Yeah it's always tricky when very hard work ≠ success. It then becomes a game of prioritizing the correct things. 🙃 What upsides make the startup life awesome for you?
    Emiliya Strahilova
    Loosing focus. Thinking about each aspect of your business and failing to prioritize. A lot of founders are afraid to delegate responsibilities to others and end up carrying too much burden on their shoulders.